Chapter 25

**Nick's Pov**

Chloe's birthday arrived and I made it a point to call her and wish her a happy birthday. I asked Veronique if I could take Chloe the following day to celebrate her birthday. She agreed and that's exactly what I did.

December rolled around and I called Annabelle to wish her a happy birthday. We also made plans to go out just the two of us, that weekend to celebrate. 

I enjoyed being able to spend the days after their birthdays with them individually. I missed them terribly. I wished I could see them every day.

Five days before Christmas came and I found myself in a depressed mood. My son was a year old now and I hadn't seen him since he was four months old. I only saw what he looked like from pictures Zak and the gang would post. He looked so much like his mother it made me smile. He was growing up so fast and I was missing it.

I didn't bother trying to call to wish him a happy birthday, because he was only one and I doubted Saige would answer me. I missed them both. I wanted them both back home, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I had screwed up big time and there was no chance of ever getting back together with the mother of my son. I planned to just stay single, since I couldn't have her. She's the only person I wanted to be with.

I went to the store the day after Griffin's birthday and bought him a few things as a birthday present. I wasn't sure what he liked so I guessed. I then bought him an outfit. I didn't know what size he was in and I didn't want to ask anymore. From the pictures, he looked to be a big boy, so I picked a size and hoped it would fit him. I then went Christmas shopping for all three kids. I had the girl's lists. Veronique crossed off everything she got them and I was left to do the rest. I spotted a few age appropriate toy's for Griffin and got them.

Once Christmas passed and the girls had their gifts I send Saige a box with Griffin's birthday presents in it. Then another with his Christmas gifts.

* * *

January had come and I found myself Facebook stalking Saige again. I was happy to see that her relationship status was still set to single. He had believed that she would be with Zak now, especially with the way he is with Griffin.

I flipped through her pictures and saw some recent ones of him. I smiled. I came across a video and I clicked on it.

"Come to Mama!" I heard Saige say to Griffin.

"Can I let him go?" Zak asked. The camera snapped to him at one end of the room.

"Do it!" I heard Billy encourage from behind the camera.

"I'm nervous." Zak admitted.

"Oh just let him go." Saige laughed. Zak stepped away from Griffin, who swayed a little but stayed on his feet. I smiled as I watched the screen. "Griff, come to mommy." Saiges sweet voice called over to our son. He looked at her and smiled. Slowly he began to make his way over to her. Saige, Billy and Zak all encouraging his every step. He got to her and she instantly scooped him up in her arms and swung him around.

"We have a walker!" Billy cheered happily.

"That's my boy." Saige smiled happily, as she placed a kiss on his head. She set him down on the floor and he began walking away from her. I sat there in awe. My baby was walking. I missed his first steps. I began to tear up.

"Whatcha watching?" Katrina asked walking over.

"Little G." I answered wiping my eyes.

"Look at him go." She smiled. "He's fast."

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Well Rob's almost here." She said slapping a hand on my back and walking away. I wasn't done snooping on her profile though, so I stayed put and looked around.

I smiled when I saw a recent picture taken of all three of my children together. I looked through the pictures. Saige and Veronique stood with Griffin, Chloe, and Annabelle in front of them. I knew instantly where they were. I was both excited that Saige had taken Griffin to Disneyland with his sisters. But I was sad because that was another thing I was missing out on.

I closed my laptop and made my way into the other room, where Katrina was waiting. I needed to get my head in the game soon. We were just about to drive to our next location. Rob knocked on the hotel door and soon after we were walking down to the cars. My phone started to ring from inside my pocket. I set Katrina and Rob an apologetic look and walked away from them for a second to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Nick? I got you're message." A guy spoke from the other end.

"Yes it is."

"Good." He laughed. "My grandfather would like to speak to you about why you called."

"Okay." I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Do you think you could meet us for coffee?" He asked.

"I'm away for work but when I get back I can make the trip to New Hampshire."

"Sounds good. My grandfather is looking forward to talking to you face to face."

"I look forward to seeing you both." I ended the called walked back over to where Katrina and Rob stood by the cars. They didn't ask me any questions. Rob jumped into one car, while Katrina and I got in the other.

My plan was working out perfectly.