Chapter 47

I walked into the kitchen and found Aaron cooking breakfast.

"I thought I smelt something burning." I joked as I sat took a seat, placing my bag on the floor next to me.

"Har har very funny, Munchkin." He turned to me and pouted. "I'm trying to do something nice for you."

"You don't have to."

He shook his head and turned back to the food. "I do. You had to stay with Zak for almost a week because of me."

I rolled my eyes while his back was turned. "You got sick. Can't help that. We were fine."

"I know. But I feel I should make it up to you."

"Aaron, Griffin and I have been home since Sunday. You don't have to make anything up to us. Besides we leave this afternoon to head out to our next investigation."

"You flying out with Billy and I?"

"Of course. I just spend a week with Zak. I've had enough of him." I laughed. Soon Aaron joined in.

He placed a plate down on the table and pushed it over to me. He then joined me with a plate of his own.

"Do how are you and Nick doing now?"

"Okay I guess."

"I still can't believe he thought you cheated on him. With Zak."

"I would never."

"I know." He smiled. "I'm just curious as to why he automatically thought Zak."

"Isn't it obvious?" I questioned looking up at him.

"Well I get the picture and all but come on. We all know I'm better than Zak." He winked and I snorted a laugh. "Besides you live with me, but yet he thinks you're cheating with Zak."

"I couldn't even begin to tell you how Nick's mind works." I laughed.

"I'm just pointing out the facts. You're photographed in bed with Zak, in Paris, once. Okay whatever. No big deal, but he blows it out of proportion. For over a year you've been living with me. I help with Griffin, and yet Nick doesn't bat an eye my way. I'm a little insulted." He faked a pout.

"Awe." I cooed. "Don't worry too much about it. I think what brought this on was because Zak and Nick have unresolved issues."

"Yeah, most likely."

"Do you know how Griffin's doing?" I asked.

Aaron smiled. "He's going great! Billy said he watched a movie last night and fell asleep. They didn't hear a peep out of him at all during the night. In fact he was still sleeping with Billy called this morning. But Diane was on her way to wake him up for breakfast."

"Well I'm glad he's doing good."

"We'll stop by later so you can see him before we leave." He told me knowingly.

"Thank you." I smiled. He didn't respond, but nodded his head and went back to eating. I did the same.

* * *

After helping Aaron clean the dishes from breakfast, I headed back to my room to pack the rest of my things.

It wasn't long before I met Aaron by the front door.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yup." I nodded and did one more check, mentally. "I'm good to go."

"Okay. Let's go see little G before we head out." He said opening the door. I walked out and placed my bag into his SUV before quickly getting into the passenger seat. Aaron chuckled as he climbed into the drivers seat.

We set off towards Billy and Diane's house. Diane had requested Griffin a day earlier. I didn't object. She loved watching him and he loved going over there and playing with the other kids. It wasn't like I didn't want to be with my son, I do, but I wasn't going to let him pass up the opportunity to be with other kids. I was glad I would be able to see him before I had to leave for another lockdown.

Aaron pulled into their driveway and parked behind Billy's car. As soon as I opened the car door to get out my phone went off. I sighed in frustration making Aaron snort a laugh. I glanced at the screen and say that it was Nick calling.

"You gonna answer it?" Aaron asked looking down at the screen.

"Might as well. You can go in without me. I'll be in, in a second." I smiled. He nodded and opened his door and stepped out. "Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hey darling."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, just wanted to call and see if you made it to your location yet."

"Nah, I'm flying out with Aaron and Billy in a few hours."

"Awesome." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Go ahead. Say you're happy I didn't drive with Zak and Bacon."

"I wont say it because I don't want it to start a fight." He sighed.

"I already know you are. I can hear the smile in your voice."

He didn't respond right away but then cleared his throat. "So I'm taking some time off from the show. We actually I'm being forced to take some time off. Something about me being too distracted.." He rambled on. I could see their point. He was distracted. "So I was wondering if I could maybe, possibly have Griffin for the time I'm off?"

"Nick..."

"Saige please. I miss my son. I want to spend some time with him. I'll call you every day. I'll send you pictures every day. It's not fair how they get to see him all the time and I'm his father and I can't." His voice was full of desperation. And he wasn't wrong. It wasn't fair for Aaron, Zak and Billy to see Griffin all the time. Nick was his father after all.

"Alright. When do you want him?"

"Really?"

"Yes Nick. It's not fair how he spends so much time with the guys and very little with you." I paused. "You can have him for awhile."

"Thank you!" He cheered.

"When will you be coming to get him?"

"Next week sometime. I'll fly to Vegas and spend a day or two with you and then Griffin and I will come home."

"You better watch him carefully."

"I will. What about his treatments?"

"You're lucky he's on two month break." I smiled.

"Perfect timing." He laughed.

"Yeah. But hey I need to go. Like I said our plane leaves in a few hours and I want to spend some time with our son before I need to leave."

"No problem. Thank you for this."

"No problem Nick. Just don't make me regret my decision."

"I wont. I promise."

"I'll text you when I get to the hotel."

"Thanks. I love you."

"I love you too." I ended the call and made my way into the house where they were waiting. Once Griffin saw me he smiled and ran over to me. I hugged him for as long as he would allow and gently placed him back down on the floor. He ran and joined Aaron on the floor with some Ninja Turtle action figures. I smiled and walked over to join them before we had to leave.

* * *

Time seemed to fly by and soon Billy was telling Aaron and I that the taxi was here to bring us to the airport. Aaron was leaving his SUV here for Diane, since her van was in the shop. Aaron got up and gave Griffin a hug and walked outside to put our things in the taxi. Billy hugged him too then walked over to his wife and kissed her before grabbing his bag and following Aaron out. I slowly got to my feet. I hugged my child tightly and gave him a few kisses before I told him I'd see him in a few days and that I loved him. I got a little I love you back which made me smile from ear to ear as I left the house and joined the guys at the taxi.