Chapter 13

**Nick's POV**

I sighed and placed my phone down. I wondered why Aaron told me not to call Zak's phone. Why couldn't I? Why was Saige with Zak anyway?

I stood up and began pacing the floor. I had attempted to call Saige all day today, and when someone finally answered it was Aaron.

I was getting frustrated. I wanted to fly out to Las Vegas and see her. But I knew that neither Aaron nor Zak would let me in the same room as her. Hell if I was them I wouldn't either. 

I stopped my pacing and sat down with my face in my hands. I wanted to cry, but it seemed as if I was out of tears. My mind was racing a thousand miles a minute. I knew I had messed up, and I messed up bad. I loved her and yet I was willing to leave her, and our son for some fake blonde bitch. All those years I made fun of Zak for the girls he hooked up with, and I wasn't any better. At least he didn't have a beautiful woman at home waiting for him. I had shrunk that low and I hated myself for it. I hated that I pushed her away. I hated that I've missed all these months with my son. I was missing precious moments with him, that I'll never be able to get back. It was all my fault.

I grabbed my phone, hoping I could get to someone who could tell Saige to call me. I called Ashley and waited for her to  pick up. After the fifth ring I was just about to give up, when I heard

"What the hell do you what?" She snapped into the phone.

"I deserve that." I sighed.

"Oh no, you deserve a lot more than that." She growled.

"I get it. Everyone's pissed at me."

"You have no idea. Buddy boy." She sighed. "Strike two Nicholas. Now answer me, what do you want?"

"I want to talk to Saige."

"She's no here. Try calling her phone." Just by the way she spoke I knew she was rolling her eyes.

"It appears she's gone somewhere with Zak and has left her phone with Aaron."

"Good."

"I was hoping that you could get a hold of her and tell her to call me?"

"Now why would I do that?"

"Because you're her best friend and you want her happy."

"True, but if we're being honest here. I think she's better off with Zak."

"Why?" I gasped.

"Have you seen him with little G?"

"No?" I frowned.

"The guy has stepped up. I'm not telling you to be a crazy ex stalker, but totally go check out his Instagram. Your son has become his son. And as much as that might hurt you, just remember you brought this upon yourself."

"I know." I sighed for the millionth time today.

"So, yeah call her phone if you want to speak to her."

"I don't think she'll speak to me."

"I wouldn't if I was her."

"I'm such an asshole."

"Finally something we agree on." She laughed. "Just whatever you do, do not call Zak."

"Aaron told me that too. Why shouldn't I?"

She sighed into the phone. "Out of all of us, Zak is the one that took this the worse. He's furious with you. Saige had to stop him from kicking your ass two months ago when they were investigating in New Hampshire."

"Really?"

"You've really messed up."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"Okay."

"I didn't actually mean it."

"Too bad." She laughed. "Um. Saige doesn't hate you."

"She doesn't? She should."

"I know right! But she doesn't. But I'm not sure if the love is still there. Ya know?"

"Mhm. I need to talk to her."

"I can't help you there. You just have to call her phone sometime and hope it's her that answers."

"Aaron knows my number. He'll probably break her phone before she can." She began laughing. "Ashley this isn't funny."

"Yes it is. You brought this all upon yourself, Nick. Don't get mad because Aaron's being overprotective of her. He let her go back to you once and now look where things are. It seems like with every step forward with Saige, it's ten steps back. And that honestly isn't fair to her."

"I just want to apologize to her."

"Go for it."

"Do you know where their next lock down is?" I asked.

"I don't and even if I did. I wouldn't tell you simply because I don't need to be put in the middle of all this."

"I know. Do you think I should call her, or just step back?"

"I think you should do what you're heart says. But I will tell you this, you at least need to ask about your son. You owe him that much after being an absent father."

"I'll try to get a hold of her."

"Okay. Well I have to get back to work."

"Bye Ash." I ended the call and tossed my phone down on the couch. She was right. Saige didn't deserve any of this. She didn't deserve me. But I loved her and I was willing to put everything on the line just to tell her that.

I heard the bang of the mailbox, so I got up and walked to the door. I noticed the postman walking away from the doorway. I waited until he was gone before I opened the door and shoved my hand into the mailbox. Walking into the kitchen I frowned when I picked up bills. I flipped through them, and came across two envelopes that looked similar to each other. I put the bills down on the side board and opened one. I couldn't believe my eyes. I quickly grabbed the other envelope and tore it open. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Both Veronique and Saige were bringing me to court for child support. I gulped. This just made things harder.

*******

A/N: Oh damn. Things just got real