Chapter 56

Sadly my time in Boston with Nick at its end. Griffin requested to see his grandparents a few times during our last week here. Which Nick and I happily let him do. He was even able to spend another night. Turns out Nick's parents had more of an attachment to Griffin than I expected.

The morning before Griffin and I were due to leave and head back to Las Vegas, Griffin spent the day with his grandparents and sisters. While Nick and I took a drive to New Hampshire to see my cousin Marc and my grandfather.

We spent a few hours with my grandfather and Marc, before we headed back to pack. Nick was heading out the following morning for an investigation.

The next morning I woke up and snuggled close to Nick's side. I didn't want to leave and we probably would have stayed in bed longer if his phone didn't keep going off. Katrina had been blowing up his phone all night. She couldn't wait to start investigating again. This month off had been a bore for her.

Keeping an eye on the time, we packed the rest of Griffin and my things, and placed them, along with Nick's bag into the trunk of my car.

Nick made breakfast while I got Griffin dressed. Once we ate and the dishes were cleaned we headed out to the car. Nick jumped into the drivers seat and drove us to the airport.

As we waited for his flight to board, he kept us close.

My plan was to stay at the window  until his plane took off, but no soon had he boarded his flight Griffin said he was tired and requested a nap. Scooping up my sleeping child on my arms, I carried him outside. Not wanting to leave rifht away I carried him along the fence to see his dad's plane take off.

Fifteen minutes later we were waving bye, even though I doubt Nick could see us, as the plane took off down the runway.

Once it was in the sky I took Griffin to the car and buckled him up. I took one last look at the city around me and got into the drivers seat to begin my trip back to Las Vegas.

* *

If it wasn't for the fact that Ashley was in Jamaica and Jay was on his way home from an investigation, I would have stopped in Tennessee for a visit. I headed directly home instead.

When I got to Las Vegas it was mid afternoon and I was greeted with Aaron at the door of his house.

"I missed you so much Munchkin!" He cried dramatically, throwing his arms around me. I laughed. "You're not allowed to leave that long again. Do you hear me?" He questioned pulling away and holding me at arms length.

"Yes." I nodded. "Unless I bring you with me."

He smiled widely. "Sounds good to me!" I carried my bag, as well as Griffins into the house and set them down by the staircase. When I exited the house Aaron was looking in my car. As I approached him he turned to me, his face full of worry. "Where's Griffin?"

"Oh you know." I waved him off.

"Saige, where is Griffin?"

"He stayed back in Boston with Nick's parents." I tried to hide my smile as I spoke, so I decided to look away from him.

"WHAT?!" He shouted.

"Hi, Uncle Aaron!" Griffin's cheerful voice came as he rounded the corner of the house. He walked over to us and hugged Aaron's' leg.

Aaron looked at me and glared. "Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry." I clucked walking away.

"Hey G, Tommy and I made a video for you while you were gone."

"Really!?"

"Yes. It's Star Wars."

"When can I see it?"

Aaron looked at me for a second. "Now if mommy's okay with it."

"Go for it. I have clothes to put away and laundry to do." I waved them off and entered the house again. Aaron and Griffin followed soon after and Aaron led Griffin to the living room, while I took the bags upstairs.

* *

I glanced at a sleeping Griffin through the rear view mirror of my car. Sighing I picked up my phone and called Aaron.

"How did it go?" He answered.

"He's exhausted. Fell asleep as soon as I put him in his car seat."

"Poor little guy."

"I stopped to get something to drink. I'll be home in a bit."

"I'll be waiting to bring him to his room."

"You're the best."

"And don't you forget it." He laughed and ended the call. I pulled out of the parking spot at McDonald's and got into the drive thru line. I ordered myself an iced coffee and a chicken nugget happy meal for Griffin, for when he woke up. I then headed back to Aarons'.

When I got there he was true to his word and was standing outside on his porch waiting. I parked the car and got out. Without saying a word he opened the back door and swiftly unbuckled Griffin and held him on so his head was in the nook of his neck. I hurried to the door and opened it so they could walk though.

"Go relax. I got him." Aaron smiled gently as Griffin began to stir. I walked to the living room, as he walked up the stairs. I pulled off my shoes and took a seat on the couch, closing my eyes. It was Griffin's first time at the hospital for his chemo shots in a month and it had wore him out right away. They did another scan on him before the shot and saw that the chemo was helping. The tumor had shrunk a great amount.

There was a knock on the door. Sighing I got up to answer it.

"Can I help you with something Zak?" I questioned after I pulled open the door. "Don't you have a key?"

"I do. But I wanted to talk to you. And I figured knocking would be better than just walking in."

"Alright." I nodded. "Do you want to talk inside?"

"No, I'm fine out here."

"Well okay?"

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Saige, I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop myself."

"What are you going on about?"

"I love you."

I rolled my eyes. "You've been saying that."

"I'm in love with you Saige. I can't get you off my mind and it's driving me crazy. You'll all I think about. No one will ever measure up to you. I can give you more than Nick can. We weren't together long and that was years ago, but I've realized what I lost and I can't stand the thought of you being with someone else, especially that person being Nick. Saige I love you."

"Zak." I sighed. "I've moved on. You should too. I love you as a brother now. I'm in love with Nick. I have a child with Nick." Before I could say anymore his lips were pushed on mine. My mouth remained closed, no matter how hard he tried to open it. I tried to push him away but he held me tightly and his muscular body was too heavy for me to push away.

"What the hell is going on here!?" Aaron shouted making Zak jump and let go of me. I took the opportunely and pushed him hard.

"What the fuck!?" I yelled as I wiped my mouth.

"You enjoyed it." He smirked.

"I'm pretty sure I didn't."

"Uh, Munchkin." Aaron said softly as he gently pocked my shoulder. I turned to look at him only to find him looking down to the end of the driveway with a pale face. I followed his gaze.

"Shit." I said when my eyes locked with the chocolate brown ones of the man I was in love with. He tossed what he had in his hands to the ground, turned away and began walking away.