Chapter 4

I spent close to a week in Tennessee with Jay and Ashley. It felt good to be with friends, and to have help with Griffin. But sadly it was coming to an end and I was about to make the drive to Las Vegas, Nevada.

"You could always stay here." Ashley pushed.

"He'll find me here." I mumbled.

"Love, he'll find you in Vegas."

"Ah. But I'm Vegas I'll have Zak and Aaron."

"True that." She laughed, but then stopped. "Just when Zak and Nick were getting along good. Nick goes and screws it up."

"Meh." I shrugged.

"Here you go mommy. All clean and ready to go." Jay said coming down the stairs with a happy Griffin in his arms.

"Hi, mamas boy!" I cooed reaching out for him.

"No. Mine." Jay laughed pulling Griffin away a little.

"No I'm pretty sure he's mine."

"Yup. I was there when she gave birth." Ashley chimed in. "Hey hon. You know he came out of her vagina right?"

"Oh my God!" Jay shouted handing me my baby.  "I've touched him. And I've kissed his head! And he came out of there!"

"Where else do you think he came from?" I asked laughing. Ashley was doubled over laughing so hard.

"Well I knew where he came from but when you put like that. No. I'm never touching him again!" He shrieked.

"Awe, but Uncle Jay. Griffin loves you." 

"Little G, uncles just kidding. I don't care if you came out of your mamas you-who." He said kissing Griffins head.

Ashley eventually calmed her laughing down and grabbed Griffin from me. "You make sure mommy brings you to visit me. Cause I'm gonna miss you big guy."

"I will." I told her. Reluctantly she handed Griffin back over to me.

I grabbed a my things, while Jay and Ashley grabbed the rest, and walked out to my car. I was thankful that it was a nice day. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was perfect traveling weather. I handed Griffin over to Ashley as I packed the car. I took him from her and strapped him safely into his car seat. I made sure he had his pacifier, his favorite teddy bear, and a toy before I got out of the car. Jay and Ashley took turns giving him a hug and a kiss. Jay closed the door behind him. Now it was my turn. I really hated goodbyes.

"Always remember, you are strong baby cakes." Ashley smiled as she pulled me into a hug.

"I know." I told her as I pulled away. I looked at Jay. "Jay man."

"Pain in my ass." He said. I fake gasped.

"How rude." I told him. He laughed and pulled me into a hug. 

"You know you can call us whenever you need us, right?" Ashley asked.

"I know." I smiled. "Thank you for letting me stay here."

"No. Thank you for staying with us." Jay said looking at Griffin from side window of the car. "It was nice spending sometime with you and Griffin. You really are a great mother, you know that?"

"I try." I shrugged. "Thank you for all your help with him. It was nice having some help."

"No problem. I love having this little guy around." Ashley smiled.

"Yeah, he was no trouble at all."

"Thank you guys again. I guess I should get going." I sighed.

"I hate when you leave me, baby cakes." Ashley frowned pulling me into another hug.

"Awe. I hate it too honey bunches." I told her as I patted her back. "I'll visit again."

"Bitch, you better."

I smiled and walked to the driver side of my car. "Ilk call you when I stop for the night."

"Please call us." Jay begged.

"I will. I promise." I opened the door to get in. "See you later."

"See you." They said together. I got in the car and started it up. I checked Griffin out in the mirror and smiled as he looked up at the sky from the back windshield. I slowly backed out of their driveway. Once I got on the empty street I looked over at them and waved. They waved back and then I was gone.