Chapter 33

**Saige's POV**

Three weeks off from work. I'll take it! Jay invited me to spend the break with him and Ashley in Tennessee. I couldn't say no, nor did I want to. I took him up on the offer and drove there with Griffin.

I had been with them for a few days and we were having a blast. Ashley had scheduled a girls day for one day. Jay stayed with Griffin. The following day I hung out with Jay, while Ashley stayed with Griffin. They even planned a few things to do with Griffin.

A week had passed and Jay and Ashley were taking Griffin out for the day. I was to stay back and find something to do.

"You sure I can't come?" I questioned.

"Nope. Just Auntie, Uncle and Griffin today Momma." Ashley smiled.

"Awe. But please." I pouted.

Jay laughed. "We want to spend time with him too."

"But Jay man."

"Oh we're using nicknames?" He snickered.

"Baby cakes. He's in good hands." Ashley said softly as Jay walked Griffin outside.

"I know." I sighed. "Where are you taking him anyway?"

She grinned from ear to ear. "An indoor bouncy house."

I chuckled. "Something tells me it's more for the two of you."

"So?" She rolled her eyes.

"Just take good care of him. Bring him back to me the way he in now."

"Will do!" She said turning around and skipping out the door. I followed and made my way to Griffin, who was standing by their car waiting.

He smiled at him when he saw me. I smiled back. "You be a good boy okay?" He didn't answer but nodded his head. "Mommy loves you." I hugged him and kissed his cheek before standing up and helping him get into his car seat. I made sure he was buckled up secure and gave him another kiss.

I closed the car door and turned my attention to Jay and Ashley. "He's all yours. Be careful."

"We will." Jay smiled opening the drivers door and climbing inside it.

"We'll be back in a few hours. The house is yours." Ashley laughed jumping onto the passenger seat.

I watched as they drove off. I waved before turning around and making my back into the house.

* * *

The hours passed slowly. I didn't do much except read a book and watch a movie. I didn't know what to do with myself. I wasn't used to being alone. I usually had someone with me.

I heard the front door open and I knew they were back. I smiled when they walked into the room.

"How was it?" I questioned looking at the huge grin on Jay's face.

"Great!" He smiled and placed Griffin down on the floor. Griffin quickly ran off to go play.

"How was he?"

"An angel." Ashley smiled. "No problems at all. He had a blast."

"He loved the big slide they had."

"No hun." Ashley shook her head. "You loved the big slide."

"But he came with me every time I went." He mumbled.

"You're such a child." She laughed as she rolled her eyes at him.

"But you love me." He grinned and nudged her a little.

"Of course."

"And you're one to talk. It took me forever to get you out of that bouncy house." He laughed.

"So? We were having fun!"

"He was with me!" He laughed.

"By we I meant me, myself and I." Again she rolled her eyes and turned her attention to me. "What did you do today?"

"Nothing really." I shrugged.

"You're invited next time." She smiled. "You'd have a great time. We did!"

"I'm sure you did." I giggled.

"So what's for dinner?" Jay asked. I shrugged and Ashley just stood there. She looked to be deep in thought.

"How about you go pick something up?" She asked.

"Anything specific?" He questioned looking at the two of us.

"Anything you'd prefer?" Ashley asked.

"I'm good with anything." I answered.

"I'll think of something." He said tapping his index finger on his chin. "Maybe I'll get a pizza. Or two."

"Sounds good!" Ashley said quickly.

"Can I bring Griffin with me?" Jay asked looking at me.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Little G, come one Uncle's bringing you for a ride!" Jay yelled. In a second little feet could be heard running through the house. I smiled as he came into view.

"Mommy loves you." I told him as I bent down to give him a hug and a kiss. "See you when you get back." I turned my attention to Jay. "Do you need me to put him in his car seat?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not stupid. I can do it." He grabbed Griffins hand and started to walk out the door.

"Make sure he's in there safely!" I yelled after him. I stood in the doorway watching to make sure he got Griffin in his car seat. He got out of the back seat and smiled proudly at himself. He saw me standing there, so he flashed me a smiled and waved. I waved back and watched him get into the drivers side of the car. In no time he was driving down the road. I closed the door and went looking for Ashley.

"Veggie pizza sounds so good right now." She said standing next to the kitchen table rubbing her belly.

"Maybe for you." I faked a gag.

"You know he's going to pick up a pepperoni pizza for you, right?"

"I know." I smiled.

We made our way into the living room and she told me about what they did today. She even showed me the pictures she took, and a few videos she captured on her phone. I smiled a thank you. I loved seeing my son happy and they certainly had made his day today. Ashley stood up and said something about heading to her room to change. I nodded in response and sat there looking at the television.

The doorbell rang and I jumped. I wasn't expecting that. No one rang their doorbell. I thought about who it could be. Maybe Jay couldn't open the door because he had two pizzas and Griffin.

"Could you get that?!" Ashley yelled from upstairs. "I'll be right down."

"Sure!" I hollered back and made my way to the front door. I almost wish they had a peep hole to look out.

I opened the door and wanted to close it instantly. He looked tired and older than what he was. The bag under his eyes told me he hadn't gotten much rest. His clothes were a mess. And he looked like he had just driven a long distance. He smiled when he noticed I was the one to answer the door. His gorgeous brown eyes met mine. My heart skipped a beat. I was still oh so madly in love with this man and I didn't know how much longer I could stand it.