Chapter 26

**Still Nick's POV**

We finished up our investigation and were back home. We had so much footage to go through, but I had other things on my mind.

I got in my car and made the thirty minute drive to New Hampshire. I found a parking space and quickly pulled into it. I got out and looked at the building before me. I locked my car and walked inside the cozy little Dunkin Donuts. I quickly ordered myself a coffee and looked around the place. It was almost empty, except for a few people here and there. An older gentleman and a younger guys, roughly around my age, were sitting away from the others, looking out the window. I walked over to them.

The younger guy stood up right away when he saw me and smiled. I knew I has found them. "Glad you could make it, Nick." He greeted me outstretching his hand for me to shake. I did. "My name is Marc and this is my grandfather Pierre."

Pierre started to get up but I stopped the older man. "No need to get up." I smiled. He returned it and stayed sitting down. I placed my coffee down on the table.

It was silent for a minute. Marc and Pierre looked to be deep in thought.

"So you know where I can find my Granddaughter?" Pierre asked. His voice was raspy from his old age and I could make out a French accent when he spoke.

I nodded my head. Marc's smile grew wider as he watched me. "Yes sir." I answered.

* * *

I exited the place and pulled out my phone before it was too late.

"What, Nick?" Ashley asked sighing into the phone.

"How can I get Saige here?" I asked.

"Why?"

"I have something important for her."

"Bring it to her then."

"I can't. Its not a thing."

"What is it then?"

"A person. Well more like persons."

"Nick Groff what the hell are you saying?"

"I have people I want Saige to meet. She needs to meet them."

She was quiet for a bit, but finally spoke. "They'll be in Salem in March." She sighed.

"Great!" I said happily.

"Tell me what's going on. Maybe I can help you."

"You can't tell her."

"If its nothing bad then I won't. But I need to know or she's not going."

I thought about it for a minute before I spoke. "Okay. Well..."

**Saige's POV**

I collapsed on my bed after a long week with Veronique and the kids at Disneyland. I was exhausted, but I had a great time; as did Griffin.

Aaron had Griffin downstairs, playing. While I was trying to take a nap. I couldn't even be bothered to upload our vacation pictures onto my laptop. I knew I would have to eventually, but I had no energy at the moment.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax a bit so I could get some rest before I started looking like the walking dead. I reached for my phone and turned it off so it wouldn't bother me. I made myself comfortable and closed my eyes again. This time sleep soon followed.

* * *

I work up hazy and walked downstairs. Aaron was painting, so I walked over to him.

"Sleep good?" He asked.

"Kinda." I yawned.

"I slept through dinner." He laughed.

"I'm so sorry. I just wanted an hour nap. I didn't mean to leave you with Griffin." I felt so bad.

He chuckled and turned to look at me. "Don't worry about it. We had fun. He ate dinner with me." He smiled proudly.

"Where is he?" I questioned looking around.

"Bed." He said simply. "He got his bath. I read him two books and he fell asleep right away."

"You tuckered him out." I laughed.

"Of course. When uncle Aarons around, kids are always playing."

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now if you're hungry there's a plate in the microwave for you."

"Thank you." I said kissing his cheek and walking to the kitchen.

"By the way. Two packages arrived while you were gone. Addressed to Griffin. I put them then in the closest for safe keeping."

"Thanks. I'll get to them tomorrow."