Chapter 9

**Nick's POV**

I held the phone away from my ear as Veronique yelled at me yet again. I was only half paying attention to her. I had a lot in my mind.

"Are you listening to me, Nick?!" She asked.

"No." I told her honestly.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" She sighed.

"I don't know." Again I answered her honestly.

"You pushed away the only woman, apart from me, who had no problem with your career. She had no problems with you having been married, or the fact that you had two kids from that marriage. You sent her away and yet she still came back to you. Now you go a choose some side street now over her and your son? You are pathetic." I let her keep going. I couldn't justify my actions. "I don't think she'll be coming back to you this time."

"Did she say that?" I asked quickly. "What have you heard?"

"I'm not saying a thing. Unlike you, I actually care about her. I gotta go get Anna off the bus." Without saying another word she hug up. I sighed and placed my phone down

I stood up and paced the room. Something I did frequently now. Without missing a beat I walked up the stairs and into the bedroom. The bed lay untouched and I could still smell her in the air.

I walked to the room next door and tried to picture what my son looked like again. But I couldn't for the life of me remember a thing. I frowned and tried to remember Saige. I could faintly remember her kiss and her touch. I groaned and walked back down to the living room.

I heard my phone vibrate on the coffee table as I entered the room. I walked over, knowing it wouldn't be from Saige, and picked it up.

'Hey boo. Wanna come over tonight?' -Tessa

I frowned down at my phone. I wanted it to be Saige. My heart wanted her. Tessa was a huge mistake and I knew that now

'No.'-Nick

'Awe boo. C'mon.'-Tessa

I glared at my phone. Saige never called me boo and I liked it that way. I wasn't into things like that. Occasionally I'd call Saige darling, sweetie, babe, sweetheart, but those were all cute and for her. I wouldn't call anyone else darling. That's her name.

'No.'-Nick

'What's wrong, baby?'-Tessa

'I can't do this anymore.'-Nick

'Do what?'-Tessa

'Us. I can't do us anymore. I want my fiancé back.'-Nick

She didn't respond but I knew she would. On cue my phone started ringing. I was about to get yelled at by two woman in one day. I answered and pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Are you fuckibg serious? You want her back?! I can't believe you! Like come on. I'm so much better than her. I can pleasure you in ways that she can't. I can make you happy. Don't go back to that cow!"

My eyes narrowed at her words. "What did you call her?"

"A cow. A big, fat, ugly ass cow."

"Hey!" I yelled into the phone. "Don't you ever, ever call her that!"

"Well she is."

"Why because she's not as skinny as you? Well at least she doesn't look like a damn stick figure. At least her breasts aren't fake. She's more of a woman then you'll ever be."

"Oh really? Then why'd you leave her for me?"

"Because I'm an asshole."

"You don't have to go." She purred.

"I do. Lose my number. Don't call. Don't text. Leave me alone. And before you pull the I'm pregnant bullshit. I've never slept with you. It was strictly oral. So don't pull that shit."

"But, but."

"Goodbye." I hung up before she could utter another word.

I turned my attention to my social media sites, hoping to find out where Saige went. I scrolled and scrolled, not find anything. I was just about to give up when a picture caught my eye. Saige smiled happily as she stood next to him, someone I used to call my brother, hugging him slightly. Zak had his arm protectively around her. I searched for a caption, but couldn't find one. I wondered who posted it and my eyes landed on Aaron's name.

I frowned and quickly closed my phone. Maybe I was too late. Maybe she wasn't coming back. Maybe she had mover on. I made myself comfortable on the couch and waited for sleep to take me.

******

A/N: Gah, finally got that out. I'm not aiming to hit as many chapters as I did in the first book, but I'll try to get a good amount.