Chapter 7

The next few days passed quickly. Griffin loved the attention he was getting from Aaron and Zak, Zak especially. I made Aaron's house our home again, since he already had a crib for Griffin.

I was feeling a little confident about leaving Griffin with Diane. I was a little scared, but I needed this job so I could provide for him.

I gave him a hug and kissed his little head. I told him that Ioved him and that I'd be back, before handing him to an excited Diane.

Zak and I jumped into the van with Bacon and drove away. Aaron and Billy were flying, while we were driving. Jay would meet us out there.

We stopped at a gas station to gas up. Zak turned around in the front seat to face me. "Want something to eat? To drink?"

"Sure." I told him flatly.

He smiled. "What would you like?"

I shrugged. "Surprise me I guess." He laughed but got out of the van and walked into the store.

"You have an adorable child, Saige." I heard Bacon say, from the opened window to my left, as pumped gas in.

"Thank you."

"I find he looks a lot like you." He smiled.

"He really does. But he does have some features of his father."

"Poor kid." He said making laugh.

Zak returned and handed me a bag. I raise an eyebrow at him but he just smiled proudly. I opened the bag. Inside was a bottle of iced tea. I smiled. Next was a Reese's cup and snickers bar. I then pulled out a bag of beef jerky. I laughed. I dug out a sandwich and placed it on the seat next to me.

"There's something else." He said, his eyes twinkling. I reached back into the bag and pulled out a small key chain, that read 'world's best mother'. I smiled.

"Thank you."

"I saw it right away and thought of you."

"Thank you." I told him as I dug in my camera bag for my keys.

He smiled and turned around in his seat. No doubt proud of himself. Bacon jumped back into the van and we continued our drive. Zak plugged his phone into the stereo system and instantly the van was filled with his music. I zoned out looking at the window.

I was brought back to reality when I felt my phone vibrate in the pocket of my hoodie. I quickly grabbed it, thinking there was something wrong with Griffin. But an unfamiliar number flashed across the screen. I hesitated but answered it.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Saige, where the hell are you?!" Veronique shouted into the phone. "The girls wanted to see their bother, so I took him to the house and Nick said you were gone?"

"Yeah." I said quietly. Zak looked back at me and reached over to turn the volume of the stereo down. I thanked him with my eyes and he nodded.

"Are you okay?" She asked sighing. 

"Now that I'm...we're away. I'm great." I told her honestly.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It's okay." I told her. "Griffin and I are fine." I paused. "And safe."

"Where?" She questioned, but I knew she already knew. "You're with them aren't you?" I could hear a smile in her voice.

"Yes." I replied flatly ignoring Zak's looks.

"Just so you know, I'm home with the girls. It's cool if we talk. Nick won't know a thing." I smiled at her words. Since Griffin has been born Veronique and I have become great friends. She was so down to earth and easy to get a long with. We clicked instantly. 

I spent the next half an hour on the phone with her just talking about anything and everything. She promised to keep quiet about me being in Las Vegas, because she knew he would come for me. Of course word would get out soon when I was tagged in one of the guys' posts online. But I wasn't really worried. I had Aaron, Zak, and Billy here in Vegas to keep Griffin and I safe. I knew for sure neither Aaron nor Zak was going to let Nick anywhere near us.