Chapter 10

**Zak's pov**

I watched Saige enter the room with a blanket and some toys. She opened the blanket up and placed it on the floor. She then put the toys on top of it.

"It's tummy time." She said softly walking over to Aaron and taking Griffin from him. She laid him down on his stomach and he looked up right away with a smile. He rolled from his belly to his back. Saige tried encouraging him to roll from his back to his belly, but he just giggled at her and began batting at the toy next to him. She reached over and pick it up, placing it gently on his chest.

As she sat on the floor, I took in her appearance. Her eyes were tired, no doubt from motherhood and lack of sleep. Her smile never really reached her eyes anymore. She didn't care about anything, except the little boy in front of her.

Hard to believe that the little boy before her was already five months old. He was a big fella. Saige sure fed him right.

"You can do it. Roll for Mama." I heard Saige say. I turned my attention to her, before looking back at her son. I stood up and walked over to them. I sat down next to Saige on the floor. "Griffin. Roll for Mommy." She encouraged him.

"Hey bud. Can you roll for mom?" I asked. He started trying. I smirked at her.

She puffed out her cheeks and rolled her eyes at me. "He's only listening to you, because he hear me every day."

"Sure." I laughed turning my attention back to him on the blanket. "Hi there bud!" I smiled as he rolled back onto his belly.

"Way to go!" Saige cheered clapping her hands. He smiled and rolled back on his back to grab a toy, then rolled back to his belly. I turned to see Saige frowning.

"What's wrong?"

"He's missing these moments." She whispered.

"His lose." Aaron said from behind us. He had been surprisingly quiet this whole time. I forgot he was there. Then again this was his house.

"Aaron's right." I told her trying to cheer her up. "It's his lose. You're doing an amazing job. Griffin's lucky to have such a caring, loving, understanding, beautiful mom like you." She mumbled a thanks as her face turned red. I wasn't saying it to embarrass her or because I had feelings for her. I said it because it was true. This child of hers was lucky to have her.

"Hey munchkin." Aaron called standing up. "Come help me get everything ready for tonight."

"You just need me to make the salads." She laughed standing to her feet.

"So what?" He asked laughing as he walked towards the kitchen.

"You all set with him? Or would you like me to bring him with me?" He asked me. 

I smiled and looked down at the little boy, who was now on his belly staring at me. "We're good."

"You sure?" 

"Yup." I nodded. She hesitated but left the room slowly. I watched her walk away, well manly I watched her bum as she walked away. "Hey there bud." I said picking up Griffin off the floor. "That's enough tummy time. Uncle Zak's gonna tell you a story." I walked over to the recliner, with him in my arms, and made myself comfortable.