Prologue

⚠️This is completely a work of fiction. Nothing about this story is true and I'm not affiliated with OBJ or the NFL. This is a reimagining of the classic movie, "Indecent Proposal."

© 2017 D.S. Little All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Danielle

"Heads we do..." he said pulling out a large coin, "or tails, we call the whole thing off and you can go back to your husband."

I looked up at his face and tried to understand why Odell Beckham Jr., star wide receiver of the New York Giants, international superstar, just paid one million dollars to have one night with me!

Women threw themselves at him, he could have any woman in the world that he wanted for free but tonight he only wanted me.

I hated him.

"No hard feelings." He continued with this smoldering look on his face. "Whaddya say?"

I looked out across the ocean, we were floating on a yacht out in the middle of nowhere and only the lights from the moon and stars casted a glow over us. The swishing sounds of the calming water hitting the boat were the only sounds that could be heard for miles.

I turned to meet his eyes. "It's your party, do what you want."

Odell held out the coin, "this is my lucky dollar so I can't lose," he chuckled lightly the timber of his voice had me on edge.

I thought about Christian and wondered what he was doing at the moment and if he was worried about me.

Odell held the coin out to reveal that it landed on heads, which meant "we do."

I could only chuckle at the sight of it, after all, this matched the luck my husband and I had in that past year. We had only been married a year and here I was doing this because we needed the money and didn't see any other option.

"Who made the decision?" Odell asked cutting into my thoughts.

"We both did." I responded with my head held high.

"Fuck that," he said with a sarcastic laugh following his comment. "You are your own woman, right?" He looked down at me with raised brows. "Either do it for your own reasons or don't do that shit at all. Don't let somebody decide your fate, no matter who it is."

"You don't know him." I cut my eyes at him.

Who was this multi-millionaire to judge my husband?

"I know he didn't stop you." He returned looking into my eyes and for the first time since we had met I didn't look at him with eyes full of hate.

I could see why women were obsessed with him the way they were. There seemed to now be a sincerity in his eyes that masqueraded his conceited attitude.

"If you were mine..." his voice trailed off and he turned his body until he was standing directly in front of me and he dropped his head until his lips were right by my ears. "I wouldn' share you wit anybody."

I shook myself out of the temporary trance and took a step away from him.

"You have no right to judge Christian." I placed a hand on my hip to show him that I was still in control even though he had technically bought me for the night. "You're the one who has to buy women!"