He Thinks He Knows Everything

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Danielle

"Surprise!!!!!!!" The entire room yelled at Odell as we walked into the club filled with his family, friends, other celebrities, and teammates.

It was the end of October and the Giants were in the middle of a Bye week. Since Odell's 25th birthday was November 5th, his mom, Heather Van Norman, decided to throw him a surprise party during this time and contacted me about helping out.

"Oh shit!" He said looking around at all of the faces in the room still holding on to my hand. "I wondered why there was no line outside." He laughed then let go of my hand to start dapping and hugging his guests.

I had taken the week off of work and flew to New York to spend the week with him. He had occasional team meetings and team meals to attend but most of that time we spent locked up in his condo spending quality time together. The more time we spent together, the more I began to fall for him and it seemed as if the feeling was mutual.

It had been almost two months since I had last seen or heard from Christian. When he said that he was walking away for good, he really meant it.

I gave my attorney the signed papers and he told me that it would take six months for the paperwork to fully process and for our divorced to be finalized. It still didn't feel real that I was 24 and now divorced from the man who I believed was my soulmate.

My first birthday without Christian at the end of  September was weird. I don't know why I expected him to call me or send me a message, but I did and he didn't.

We were no longer even friends on social media. It felt like in order for him to move on he needed a clean break from me. The hardest part about saying goodbye was losing my best friend. I mourned our friendship just as much if not more than our relationship. So I still thought about him.

The bright spot of my birthday was when Odell surprised me. After his home game against the New Orleans Saints early on Sunday, he flew across the country to surprise me and celebrate my day with me. I wasn't expecting his presence at all.

He had already filled my new apartment with tons of exotic flowers and had sent me a beautiful fruit arrangement which I considered enough. Not to him, for gifts, along with the dozen of designer clothes he had sent over he bought me my first customized Birkin bag.

It was all still overwhelming.

When he knocked on my door and I saw those blonde curls through my peephole I almost knocked him over with how hard I jumped onto him. Along with his physical presence he gave me another gift, an Oyster Full Iced Out Diamond Rolex. It was as if spoiling me with nice things made him happy.

It was also that night that he first told me that he was in love with me. We were naked in my bed in the middle of a card game and I was whipping his butt in a game of spades when he just came out and said the words.

I said them back because I believed I had fallen in love with him.

It was a surprise that I appreciated so much and also needed. He spent the night with me but then had to turn around that next morning bright and early to fly back to New York for the team's morning meeting. The fact that he was doing all of this cross country traveling for me convinced me more and more that he was taking me and this relationship seriously.