Temptation Is Hard Out Here

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************
Odell

It had been three weeks since I had seen my baby and I knew after she called me drunk on Saturday, that on my day off I had to get my ass to her as soon as possible. We had beat the Cowboys on Sunday thanks to a late game field goal, now most of the pressure I was feeling pertaining to the season had somewhat subsided. We still had to go and perform in the playoffs when it came to them, but at the moment we had a little breathing room until our next big game.

Our next game was against the Cleveland Browns, it was going to be an easy win for us at home so I made travel plans to go to San Diego on my day off. I normally tried to rest on that day but I figured I could get rest on the plane.

We had just finished all of our team meetings for that Monday and were just about to go eat a team dinner when I received a bunch of new alerts on my phone. I sat down in one of the nearby chairs in the room and I pulled it out. I dropped my head the moment I saw what the notifications were about.

My Green Bay mistake, Lais Ribeiro, was splashed all over Internet.

I had met Lais Ribeiro, a Brazilian Victoria's Secret model, the week of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I was asked to attend some of the promotional events and when we met we had instant chemistry. Nothing happened then, but when she flew out to Green Bay to come to my game it was an entirely different story.

I told Danielle not to come because I really did want to focus on the game and I wanted to put a little space between us. Lais' presence had been a complete surprise.

I don't know what I was thinking, but when we ran into each other she recommended hanging out in the hot tub I went along with it. We had a bodyguard posted outside so no one was able to see or come inside. I wasn't planning on doing anything with Lais, I just wanted privacy and I needed a distraction from Danielle.

I was trying to get back to being my normal, carefree self. The man not attached or stuck on one person. I hoped spending time with another beautiful woman would cool my perspective on Danielle.

Between the steam in the private room and the fact it had been so long since I had any we ended up making out there. I wasn't trying to go there but I guess it was an old habit raising its head. I loved beautiful women! And I did enjoy kissing her.

Honestly, I don't know what stopped me from having sex with her! I convinced myself it was because I needed my legs for the Green Bay game. It was an important game and so many eyes were going to be on me.

My guilt when it came to Danielle sunk in as soon as I got back to my room. I was glad I didn't go through with anything more with Lais. I wanted so badly to treat Danielle like a random, hoping my feelings for her would go away but they didn't. She remained deep in my mind.

I wasn't sure if Danielle was all in, I hated knowing that her ex was still around. I also hated how much I had fallen for her and was nervous about getting hurt. Danielle wasn't like other woman I messed with, most of the time she came off so aloof. Something I wasn't used to.

Once I returned to New York after the game the guilt from what I had done in the hot tub was eating me up. I had been so pressed about Danielle being faithful that I didn't even check myself.

I believed that no one would ever find out because neither of us had our phones on us and the security guard that protected us was someone that I strongly trusted.