Epilogue

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Danielle

***Eight Months Later***

"Odell, over here!" A huge crowd of photographers called.

This time we were on the positive end of the cameras so he didn't mind posing.

He slipped his arm around my waist and and kissed the side of my face.

"I love you." He whispered for my ears only.

I smiled up at him. "I love you, too."

We were at the 2019 ESPY awards and Odell was the only football player up for the Best Male Athlete Award. He had finished an incredible season with the Giants, leading them to the Super Bowl and although they lost on a last minute play he had one of the most amazing games as a wide receiver in history.

The last football player to win this ESPY award was Drew Brees in 2010 so he wasn't betting on himself winning this award. I however continued to hold out hope that the voters would judge him on what he did on the field and not the scandals that often surrounded him.

In the meantime, we enjoyed the night and the fact that he was being recognized for football and not any off-field antics.

Odell was still OBJ, he still danced on the field and anywhere he wanted, he still caught incredible one-handed passes, he still made time for his fans, was still outspoken in interviews, he still went out partying, and he still had a good time wherever he went, but this season his on field numbers surpassed anything any of the commentators could say negative about him. He was performing at a level that put him on track with the great like Jerry Rice.

I was just a woman in love happy to be along for the ride, sitting front row to witness all of his accomplishments upclose.

I was beginning to find my way around the east coast and thanks to Odell's connections I was beginning to sell houses regularly. The commute from my apartment and to his condo in Manhattan became too much for him so he finally broke down and bought a house in New Jersey. I happily accepted the commission on that sale too.

Odell's PR team began to usher us through the rest of the red carpet so that we could finally get to our seats. We honestly couldn't walk one step without being stopped for pictures or interviews so we wouldn't have made it inside otherwise.

I tried to give him his shine alone because he was the star and people were pulling at him from every direction, but he held me close like he wanted me there for every step.

That is just how close we had come, we had our ups and downs like every other couple, but unlike some couples we had been through so much together already that we knew how to weather the storm and be there for each other.

Being with Odell was like a walking scandal waiting to happen everyday. But I trusted him and he trusted me and we were going to continue to ride for each other like that.

I looked up and saw Shep and Chanel being bombarded on the carpet as they tried to reach us, they were such a gorgeous couple and still more in love than ever. They had just moved in together in a place in New York and I honestly saw wedding bells being not too far away for them, at least that was how Shep talked about her around me and Odell.