That Damn Voodoo Doll

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Odell

"Who you think you gonna use pepper spray on?" I said lowering my eyes at her. "I know not me!"

"Don't think I won't." She said, her grin turning to the window.

There was no one word that described the woman before me. I was ready to tear her apartment apart to start looking for that damn voodoo doll because I thought I wanted her before...now she could snap her finger and I would jump. Literally jump!

Damn, I'm still whipped.

In all of her natural glory she was even more desirable. She was never one to wear a lot of make-up or anything in the first place, but with her new hair cut she exuded power and confidence- both traits that I loved in a woman.

Even her style was more edgy at the moment she had on a pair of black distressed skin tight jeans, a sexy white top and a military style jacket. The red spiked Jimmy Choos she had on had me wishing she would just wrap her long legs around me...I wanted to do so many things to this new Danielle.

When she finally agreed to see me, she had made it clear that all she wanted from me was friendship and that if something came out of that then she wanted it to flow naturally.

I didn't want to be her friend, but I was willing to do whatever it took to be back in her life.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked me.

"Does it bother you?"

"No," she shook her head, "I was just wondering what you were thinking about."

"I'm thinkin that I am glad that you finally decided to go out wit me." I told her.

"We're just hanging out," she said giving me a weird look, "don't get too happy."

The chemistry between us was way too strong for just friendship and I know she felt what I felt. She wasn't gonna be able to deny it while being around me either.

I pulled into the parking spot and we both got out of the car. Out of habit I took her hand as we walked towards the building.

"The San Diego Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show." She asked looking at me after she read the sign.

"Ever do one before?"

"No. You?"

"I haven't either, I thought it would be something fun and different for us to do." I told her placing my hand in the small of her back after opening the door to the building.

"Hello and welcome to our Murder Mystery Dinner Show." A petite blonde greeted, distracted with looking at me. "Have either of you ever been here before?" I wanted to laugh because she didn't even try to acknowledge Danielle, her eyes were glued to me as if she was trying to mentally hypnotize me.

"Baby, this is our first time right?" I asked turning all of my attention to Danielle who was busy reading over all the information that was spread in front of us.