I Can't Help It

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************
Danielle

"If you would let me spend the night, we could be doing another workout right now." Odell said as we walked through Farmer's Market.

I shot him a warning look.

"I can't help it, when we do all these workouts together and I see you all sexy and sweaty...it makes me want you even more."

I wasn't going to admit to him that I had similar thoughts, because I didn't want us to fall into the 'sex fixes everything trap.'

We had just finished a private session of yoga and Pilates with his trainer in his backyard and during the session Odell had been shirtless. Watching him stretch and bend his body in various positions next to me had been difficult. His tattooed body boasted more muscles than I could even count and some of the positions his trainer put us in could have been ripped right out of any sex manual.

After the class we decided to stop by the market to get some fresh fruits and vegetables for the week. He had a chef to prepare his healthy meals for him, I was stuck with doing my own. After learning the importance of organic food at the retreat, the Farmer's Market had become my best friend.

I was sifting through cucumbers while he was adding tomatoes to his bag when I heard my name. I looked up and saw Shannon standing in front of me.

"Hey, Shannon." I said trying to gauge her mood.

I hoped that Chris cleared my name with her after all.

"You just have no shame do you?" She said shaking her head and looking at Odell then back at me.

It had been almost a week since the confrontation in my apartment and she still looked angry. I had not talked to her or Chris since then and I really didn't want to now.

"Shannon, can we talk about this in private." I nervously looked at Odell who was walking closer to my side.

"Why? Because you don't want your little boyfriend to find out that my boyfriend was at your apartment the other night."

I sucked in my lips and refused to look at Odell, I could feel him burning a hole in the side of my head.

"I didn't ask him to come over that night." I told her in a controlled voice even though I know she was trying to embarrass me and blow up my spot.

I knew that she didn't know the truth and that she was going off what she assumed she saw.

"Then why was he inside of your apartment when I showed up?"

I glanced over at Odell and he gave me a look like he wanted to know the answer to that himself. I hated that I felt guilty when I hadn't done anything wrong.

I tried to speak lowly, "he just showed up and barged in." I explained. "There is nothing going on between me and Chris."

"It sure looked like their was something going on to me." Shannon said looking between Odell and I. "You gotta man, that's fucked up that you wanted mine too." She looked at Odell and then back at me. "I don't know how you are still putting up with their shit."