Let Her Cool Off

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Odell

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" Danielle yelled taking a step into my face. "Why was the same bitch you were with in Green Bay all in your damn face?"

"Danielle, you might wanna take a step back." I told her.

I looked past her to see if there was anybody around because the last thing I needed was a fight with her getting out for the public to consume.

"Or what?" She said shoving me hard in the chest, I lost my balance a little but remained in place. "What are you gonna do? Hit me?"

Before I could answer, the club's head of security re-entered the side hall we were in. I had asked him to get a car for me and to let me know when it arrived. I had to get Danielle out of the club before she did something crazy to embarrass us both. I'm still not even sure how we got to this point.

The day had started off great for us, in the moment while sitting on the beach I had asked her to move in with me. She didn't give me an answer right then, but I wasn't discouraged by it. I had been thinking about it for awhile and I felt that things would go a lot smoother between us if we were living together or at least in the same city.

I didn't like being alone and I didn't just want a warm body, I wanted Danielle. Even with all of her imperfections I still saw a future with her.

My mom once told me that when I found the one, that I would just know and with her I felt it immediately even though she belonged to someone else!

But knowing that didn't automatically change who I was either. I was an outgoing guy and I couldn't just stop being me even with the girl I wanted right in front of me.

The night had started off light, the eight of us went to dinner before we took over LIV. Danielle and I danced together and had a good time the first few hours, when the ladies got tired, my brothers and I kept going. We had a lot to celebrate including the fact that none of us were injured and we were going into the playoffs soon.

"Listen to me," I told her hoping that she would see that I wasn't playing any games, "we are gonna walk outside to this car. Don' do or say anything until we get back to the house. There are cameras everywhere outside and I don' wanna wake up a TMZ headline."

"Who do you think you're talking to?" She said ignoring everything I had just told her. "You got me out here looking crazy and you want me to listen to you?" She continued her voice getting louder.

"Mya, this is not a fuckin game." I held her gritting my teeth and taking a step forward because I noticed that the security guard was hanging on our every word. "There are people and cameras everywhere," I lowered my voice, "I don' want people in our business."

"You should have thought about that before you had that model in your damn face." She said mushing me in the forehead with her finger.

"Don't put your hands on me again." I warned her glaring down in her face. "Follow me to the car and we'll talk there."