All Of Me

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Danielle

I could feel his eyes on me, as hard as I tried to ignore it I couldn't. As he stood at the back door our eyes were locked for minutes. I knew him. I knew he wanted to say something to me but I could also see that his pride was going to keep him from saying anything. I had put on a brave face for this party even after he all but spit in my face. But I was honestly prepared for either reaction from him. I knew that he wasn't the type to give in easily and it wasn't my style to beg.

If I ask you to be with me and you say no, then I'm washing my hands of the situation and moving on. If he wasn't man enough to realize he wanted to be with me then it was his loss. Yes, it hurt so bad and it physically felt like my heart had been surgically removed from my body. But I wasn't going to allow Odell to see that pain. He didn't deserve my tears. Chanel was right, we did get the awkward run-in over with and now I could relax in my own skin and enjoy being a single women in the big city.

I was ready to get my Carrie Bradshaw on like in Sex and the City! I looked at my watch and determined that I had spent enough time putting on my tough skin. I was ready to go home and drown myself in some Ben and Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie ice cream. Then I was going to wake up that next morning and go to the gym to work it all off and focus on moving on with my life.

"I think I'm gonna leave for real this time." I told Chanel who was still dancing.

That was one of the things I loved about her, she had such a positive spirit and just wanted to have a good time.

"You sure you don't want us to drop you off?" Chanel asked pouting her lips.

"Stay and enjoy your man. I'm a big girl." I told her and she gave me a hug.

"Call me when you make it home." She pointed as if she was my mother.

"I will." I said goodbye to Shep and while saying goodbye to Otto, he surprised me by walking me outside.

I had already ordered my uber and was going to wait outside for it arrive.

"I really like your house," I told him, "thank you for letting me crash your party."

"Come on with that, you know you are always welcome here." He said nudging me. "You still fam in my eyes."

"Thank you." I said feeling a little more at ease about the night.

"You know that nigga love you right?" Otto said out of the blue.

"What?" I said not sure if he realized what he said.

"You heard what I said." He smirked. "Niggas like us...we don't know how to express ourselves and shit." He paused, "we don like to admit when we wrong either."

"If he loves me so much, then why is he in there with somebody else?"

"That's how we move on..." Otto offered. "I told you we do dumb shit." He raised his shoulders like that was his best answer.