I Need To Know

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Christian

The minute Dee closed her eyes to go to sleep I got up and walked to our room where her purse was. I sat down on the edge of the bed and began to go through the big bag, hoping and praying that I didn't find anything out of the ordinary like any unexplained receipts or hotel cards.

In the front pocket I found a napkin with the name Gryphon on it.

"Gryphon?" I said to myself out loud. Other than the napkin I didn't find anything.

I walked back towards the living room where her little purse that she carried with her that night was and pulled her phone out. I held my breath as I scrolled through looking for anything that had Odell's name on it. I wanted to know if they still talked or if they had seen each other since that night.

After checking though her text messages and emails, I went through her social media pages, I didn't find anything there.

Just as I was about to breathe a sigh of relief I went to her contacts and found his name and number there, I wanted to crush the phone in my bare hands.

Were they still talking? How often? When?

I put the phone back in her bag and then walked towards our room to take a shower to help me calm down. As I washed my body off, thoughts and images began to float through my mind.

I tried to shove the images out with memories of our life together but they weren't as strong as my curiosities. I could see him on top of her, having sex with her and I could also see her liking it!

In the past month I tried to throw myself into my two new temporary jobs while also still sending off my resume to firms around the state of California. I was willing to relocate if I was offered the right position. I worked my fingers to the bone hoping that time would erase what had went down in Vegas.

It hadn't.

Every waking hour I thought about my wife being with that man and anytime one of his commercials came on our tv, I wanted to smash it with a bat. We couldn't seem to escape him, the public and the media seemed obsessed with him because he was everywhere!

I tried to let things get back to normal but every time I looked at her I wanted to ask her about the night. It was really bothering me and I wanted to know details.

When she wanted to make love, I would try to block out the torturous images and try my best to please her but I always spent most of that time wondering if she was comparing us.

I noticed that there were a few little things that she did differently in bed and I wondered if he taught her those things. Whenever she recommended a new position I would refuse because I could only see her learning that from him.

She seemed to be able to move on as if none of this was bothering her at all and I couldn't see why not because it was driving me crazy.

After getting out of the shower I went back to the living room and picked up my naked wife from the floor and though I wanted to wake her up and demand answers I didn't want it to go down like that.