Who Else Knew

© 2017 oD.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************
Christian

"How did this shit get out Corey?" I asked my best friend, my entire body full of rage.

"Chris, how long we been boys bruh. I wouldn't do that to you." Corey said in his defense.

"I know it wasn't them because they wouldn't want anything like this to get out." I sighed with frustration and stared at the TMZ headline that was on my phone.

"Odell Beckham Jr. Pays For Women?"

The article went in to describe an unknown source that knew the background of his new girlfriend. It talked about him buying her in Vegas for a million dollars, which ruined our marriage.

"Who else knew?" Corey asked.

"Just the three of us, you and his lawyer."

We sat thinking in silence.

"Did you ever mention any of what happened to Shannon?" Corey asked carefully.

"Hell no!" I said defensively. "I didn't want anybody to find out about that trip."

"Do you think she found something at your place about it?"

I racked my brain trying to see if that was possible. Even if she did find out, she wouldn't be that angry to run to the media with it? That wasn't the woman I got to know.

"I can't see it being her," I told him with exasperation.

"Don't put anything past a woman scorned." Corey said forcing my thoughts to go back to the night in Danielle's apartment. I hadn't heard from her since that night.

"Corey, I gotta go."

"Don't do anything crazy Chris, you just got back to being yourself again."

I ended the call and noticed an incoming call from some unknown numbers. I had never been in a situation like this before but I had to assume that this was the media calling to talk to me. The story had just broke half an hour ago and was already going viral.

I jumped in my stratus and as I drove Dee's number popped up, I didn't answer because I knew she probably thought that I did this to get back at her.

No matter what went down between us, I loved her too much to ever do anything like that to her. I wasn't going to talk to her until I knew for sure who did this.

After her call rolled to voicemail she text me.

Dee: 5:21PM: Call me now!

I ignored the message and continued to drive towards Shannon's apartment praying the whole time that it wasn't her and that this was just some coincidence. I would have called her but she had blocked my number after our last confrontation.

When I reached her apartment I banged on her door, when she opened the door with a smirk I knew right away that this was all her doing.

"What did you do?" I asked her outright following her inside.

"The same thing you did to me." She said as if she didn't have a care in the world. "You hurt me, I hurt you and your little girlfriend!"