3. Dad

Alexandra's POV 🌴:

  I saw my dad lying there it seemed like he was dead.

  I quickly grabbed my phone dialed 911 and I said " I need an ambulance my dad is dying please!" The operator then said to me "An ambulance is on its way."

***

  Five minutes later...

  I heard sirens blaring I was holding onto my dad's hand the whole time, and he showed no sign of movement.

  The ambulance came in with a stretcher and put him on there strapping him up. My heart was thumping in my chest as I sat next to him in the ambulance gripping his hand tightly.

  I was gonna lose my dad.

  I'm not ready.

  I always thought what it would feel like to lose everyone that was dearest to me and I guess that is coming true isn't it?

  I watched as they rushed him inside the hospital, and the nurse told me to wait in the waiting room. I sat down and buried my face in my hands wishing that none of this ever happened.

  I felt my eyes fill with water and my vision became blurry. I felt as if my whole world came crashing down, and then I felt hands touch me.

  It was the nurse from before she had regretful look in her eyes and I knew he wasn't going to be ok.

  The nurse's name tag read Beatrice. She said "Your dad is awake now for a little while, but you don't have much time. You can go see him if you would like he has been asking for you sweetie."

  I quickly got up from my seat and darted toward his room running into his arms.

  He hugged me back weakly then I felt tears streaming down my face then I pulled away from him wiping them away. "I looked in his eyes and then he said "Honey don't cry your stronger than that." I said "Please don't leave me daddy I need you."

  More streams of tears went down my face and I kept quiet holding my head down then I heard him say my name softly. I looked up at him tears welling in his eyes, and I went up to him. I sat next to him wiping away his tears.

  He looked at me, smiled and said "You are the strongest woman I know and I never want to see you like this again." I cried more and with one swift motion he wiped my tears away.

  I rested my head on his chest as he continued to speak "I don't want you staying in that home I want you to get rid of everything that reminds you of me. I don't want my baby crying again. I have something for you sweetie." He said weakly and handing me a box that was set on his table beside him. I opened it and it was a beautiful locket. The locket had a picture on each side with my mom and dad. The present seemed to make me sob more.

  I looked at him and his eyes were flittering. I wrapped my arms around him and he pushed me off. He looked in my eyes with deep sorrow and said "I love you Alexandra and I want you to always remember where you came from." Then, I heard the beeping of the monitor...

  He was gone just like that.

  I started sobbing uncontrollably on his chest until a nurse came. She pulled me away from him while I was crying and screaming no. She pulled me into a tight embrace and I continued to cry on her shoulder.

  Beatrice pulled me away from her and gave me a reassuring smile saying that everything was going to be ok, but it wasn't. She wiped away my tears, and I told her that I was ok. I walked away heading towards the bus stop but I realized I wanted to walk home, so I did contemplating the last words my dad said to me.

  I felt this heart breaking feeling in my chest as I gripped onto something for support. Then I felt tears streaming down my face again and I sat on the ground putting my knees up to my chest.

  I want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. I thought to myself I don't have anyone to care of me anymore, so I'll have no choice but to do it myself.

  I stood up wiped off my tears gripped my necklace and trudged my way home. My dad wouldn't want me to cry, and I'm gonna make him proud.

***

  I opened the front door and went up towards my bedroom and started packing up everything I owned. I went towards my dad's room and looked at everything.

  I remembered he had his wedding ring, so I took it from his dresser. I attached it to the necklace he gave me, and that way I could remember both him and mom.

  I layed in his bed fuming in his scent and before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep...

Hayden's POV 🌴:

  Everything was hazy once I woke up from the sound of my alarm. I shut off the alarm getting up from bed stretching.

  I got dressed quickly and headed to school I couldn't wait to see Alexandra.

  I drove to school with a smirk on my face. I think today is the day I ask her out.

  I want to make her smile like I did at the restaurant I want to make her happy.

  When I went in the school and searched for her she was nowhere to be found.

  A frown came upon my face, and I hope that nothing was wrong with her. I saw Justis and decided to hang out with him. I also hung out with his girlfriend Charmaine. She seemed like a cool girl and she said that she wants to introduce me to her friend, but I only wanted Alexandra.

  I chose to give the girl a chance because I thought to myself maybe Alexandra isn't interested in a playboy like me.

  The rest of the day went by ordinary, and I was happy about that. Except Vanessa came up to me and wanted more from me, but I didn't want her I wanted somebody else.

  I rejected her and she turned away from me giving me one last look.

***

  Alexandra didn't attend school the whole week, and I was getting worried.

  Then I finally saw her...

  I know this chapter was kind of long there will be a lot more to come I promise that ;)

Love,
Kaylia 💋