55. One Last Time

Alexander's POV 🌴:

4 years later...

  Our years in college went by faster than you could imagine.

  We found our own spot close to the college so that the babies would be safer. I got my bachelors degree and now I can be a lawyer. Hayden I managed our best and we finally made. 

  I got accepted into a law firm and Hayden owns a company.

  We are still madly in love after all these years, but he's rarely around anymore. He always has to take care of business and I usually bring my cases home so that I could be with the twins.

  We didn't find out we were having twins until I was about 5 months into the pregnancy.  

  Everything went by so fast and it hurt a lot. 

  Hayden was there through all of it.

  He made me happy for years and years. He still makes me happy now and he always leaves roses on the counter for me in the mornings.

  It's hard to believe that we've come so far.

  There was a knock at the door and I went to go answer it. It was Hayden and soon as I saw him I wrapped my arms around him.

  The kids came running and they said "Daddy!"

  Hayden picked them up and spun them around as he said "Look at my babies!" He knelt down and put them on the ground. He went in his back and said in a happy voice "Guess who brought presents?"

  The kids started clapping and laughing saying presents over and over again.

  I went over to him and whispered in his ear "You spoil them too much."

  He smiled and said "Anything for them."

   He handed them their presents and then turned to me. Hayden picked me up in his arms bridal style and spinned me. I laughed and he kissed me as he said "I have always loved your smile and I remember the last time I picked you up like this. It was our wedding night."

  The kids went to their rooms to play with their new toys and left us alone.

  "Aren't you going to open your present?" He asked smirking at me. Hayden put me down and I started opening the box. It was this beautiful red dress. It was short and it seemed to have a corset made at the top.

  "What is this for?" I asked in a knowing tone.

  "Don't think that way its just for dinner tonight. I saw it and I thought of you. I feel like we've been drifting apart and I don't want that to happen. Plus, it's for our anniversary tonight" he said holding my hands in his.

  "But, what about the kids? We can't just leave them here alone" I asked in my worried tone.

  "You worry too much. Ma is going to take them for the weekend so we have the place all to ourselves. I'll take them to her while you get in the shower."

  "Can we stay in for dinner?" I asked.

  He agreed by saying "Anything you want, but wear that dress please" he beckoned giving me a wink.

  I got in the shower as Hayden left with the kids.

  I was thinking of something special to do for him since he worked so hard. I remembered that we had some rose pedals and candels.

  After my shower I set everything up.

  I put on the dress and combed my hair back. I turned on some Bruno Mars songs and I made preparations. I lit the candels and put the rose pedals on the blanket we would be sitting on, and the food was on its way.