(44) Losing Self control

Chapter 44 - Losing self control.

I laid on the sofa staring into space. This house didn't feel like home now my father wasn't in it.

I missed him more than ever especially after the funeral. The funeral was hard, extremely hard, but somehow I survived it. I had no one else to thank but Kyle.

Currently, I had spent the last week and a half moping about, not sure really what to do. Feeling sorry for myself was an understatement.

Kyle spent the last week and a half trying to cheer me up, and I could feel it almost getting better, but for some reason I missed my father that much I just didn't have the strength to cheer myself up.

I felt useless just sitting here and thinking about the negatives, but Kyle didn't love me any less and that comforted me more than anything. I had to make it up to him one day.

Kyle had gone out to the shops and I found myself alone here. I didn't like it, and Kyle didn't want to leave me alone in the house I didn't want to be in anymore, but he had to get things and I refused to go.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the door open.

"Honey, I'm home!" I heard his voice flood from the opening of the door. My lips twitched at his greeting. "Hey, baby, I got you some chocolate," he waved a large bar of chocolate around as he walked into the room. Oh, I loved chocolate.

"You didn't have to," I looked to him but smiled slightly. He brushed it off.

"Of course I did, comforting food isn't it," he stated. He took off his coat and his shoes. "Do you want a cup of coffee?" He asked.

"I'll make it, you sit down and I'll make one for you," I suggested. Kyle shook his head and walked to the kitchen.

"I'll do it, I'm making myself useful,"

"I just feel useless though," his head popped around from the door as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't say that, you're not useless you're just grieving. I understand that, Cali, just ride it out in the only way you can, naturally you'll begin to feel a lot happier, it just takes time and a little cheering up from your wonderful husband," his face contorted into a cheeky smile and I smiled back.

"I can feel it working already, I think," I didn't know for sure.

"Then it's working, don't worry about it, you know I won't think any less of you if you just sit there forever and become a big fat couch potato,"

"Oh gee, thanks," his eyes twinkled and he chuckled as he went back into the kitchen.

After two minutes he brought two cups into the living room and sat down beside me. With his free arm he wrapped it around my waist and snuggled me in closer to his body.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Kyle stated. I looked to him as I blew on my cup.

"Oh?"

"The honeymoon," his eyes held apprehension and nervousness. "I booked it,"

"You booked it?" I spluttered. "You didn't discuss it with me," I stated.

"I know and I'm sorry, but I just want you all to myself," he looked down at his lap. I sighed.

"I don't want to ruin it for you," I let out. I didn't want to be like this on my honeymoon.

"You won't ruin it, don't be stupid, you just being there will make me the happiest guy alive, believe me," he stated. I looked to him, unsure.

"When have you booked it for?"