(20) Goodnight kiss.

Chapter 20- Goodnight kiss.

"That makes you mine too, you know," I replied. Kyle nodded his head again.

"I couldn't think about being any one else's but yours," he stated. "It's just you and me, Cali, no one else,"

"Definitely," I agreed.

Here at this moment, I knew I would do anything for Kyle. I wanted to take risks, I wanted to do things I've never done before, I wanted to please Kyle and make him happy in every way possible. I just wanted Kyle. I realised that now.

Looking into his eyes from across the table, he took my hand in to his. The emotions rocketing through my body was too painful, too intense, but I welcomed them nonetheless.

The waitress came over once again with our drinks. She was still blatantly staring at Kyle.

"I will take your orders in just a second," she batted her eyelids at Kyle. "I'll see you in a minute," she winked at him. Just as I was about to bite, Kyle interrupted me.

"Stop flirting with me, stop the winking, the batting of the eyelids, just stop," he said to her in his demanding tone. "You're not very professional. I am here on a date with my girlfriend and I'd appreciate it if you left us alone," the world girlfriend had my heart racing.

The waitress scurried off like a rat in a drain pipe and I was thankful.

"She won't be bothering you anymore," Kyle smiled in my direction. I laughed.

"You didn't need to do that, I can fight my own battles," I replied.

"Well, every fighter needs support," he reasoned. "Besides, I didn't like her flirting with me either. Made me a little uncomfortable if I do say so myself," I laughed again at his response.

"Most guys would be basking in the attention," I said playfully. Kyle scoffed.

"Yes, but most guys don't have you," butterflies erupted throughout my belly. I beamed in his direction. He always knew the right things to say.

"Shut up," I breathed as I looked to the table.

"Still not very good with compliments," he chuckled. "Even after 5 weeks,"

5 weeks wasn't that long ago, and as soon as he said it, I automatically started to think that maybe 5 weeks wasn't actually that long ago and that Kyle and I were progressing too fast. The feelings I have for him came too fast, this could be fatal, this could most definitely end badly.

"Do-do you think we're moving too fast?" I stuttered out my opinion, suddenly feeling nervous and not knowing why. Kyle's face turned serious in a matter of a few seconds.

"You think we're moving too fast?" Was his question. I looked unsure, but I nodded. He sighed in reply. "Should this really have a time limit? Do we need a time limit to show us when we can start doing things? Saying things?"

"No, I just don't want this too start too soon and then end too soon,"

"Look," he breathed as he took hold of my hand again. "We're young, and I really really like you. I have since I've met you. You're the only person who can truly make me feel like I'm on top of the world, and even after 5 weeks, I want you near me more than anything. Only because it's been 5 weeks, it doesn't mean I should like you any less than I do now, it doesn't mean we have to hate eachother for a few more months before I start liking you,"

"But-"

"No, I'm sick of this world thinking people need time to do things. They don't think about what they want, they just think about the negatives or what people will think of them. If I want to be with you, or near you, or treat you like you're my girlfriend already even after 5 weeks, then I God damn fucking will," he let out, he was getting angrier by the second. "It doesn't need time, it doesn't need to have been 5 months, or years for me to finally tell you that I like you! I'm so so sick of people prolonging things, or making up excuses because they don't want to get into things too fast. I like you, it feels right, I don't need excuses, I know what I feel and I'd be damned not to tell you every single minute of the day," he let out all in one.