(61) Join

Colour me red; up now on my profile, Dreamerse.

Chapter 61- Join.

As I put down my cup of coffee steadily, making sure the liquid didn't spill over the sides, I kept my gaze down on the table.

The wood grain did everything to hold my imagination for a second and I sighed with despair. I felt so lost.

How was I meant to feel? Right now, I felt worse than I've felt ever since my father died, but obviously not so strong.

My dad left me, but Kyle hasn't gone yet and the difference is Kyle would have his choice to leave, my father didn't have that choice.

The thought of Kyle leaving struck my heart so hard and strong. It made me feel sick to the stomach. I couldn't even bare to think about it, it felt as if my heart was being split in two at the thought alone.

Maybe I was jumping to conclusions, I seemed to do that a lot. Maybe Kyle was just tired, worn out and still upset over Joe's death anniversary.

What am I doing here when I should be comforting him? I hoped to God everything would be okay in the end. Right now, I was ready to curl up and cry my eyes out.

I guess being hormonal like this did really bring the emotional side out of me.

"Hey now." I felt soft fingers touch my chin, and I lifted my head up to look at Matt. I hadn't realised a small tear made his way down my cheek until he wiped it away with his thumb.

"It will all work out, won't it?" I said quietly, my heart beating fast at the anticipation of his answer. Matt nodded his head vigorously.

"Of course, baby girl, of course. I mean, don't call me Mystic Matt or anything but I can sense happiness on the horizon." His arms widened and his eyes went from one hand to another. My lips twitched in to a smile despite my tears.

"Mystic Matt." I sniffled with humour. Matt smiled my way before leaning his elbows on the table.

"You're crying in front of people." Matt whispered, loud enough for me to hear. I looked to him, my eyes widening.

"Is anybody looking?" I whispered back, my hand blocking the movement of my lips to others.

Matt looked around the cafe, his lip getting caught in his teeth.

"Hmmm, maybe half the restaurant?" His lips stretched sheepishly sideways. I gasped before wiping my tears strongly with the back of my hand.

"Shit." I giggled.

"She's pregnant, it's normal!" Matt shouted through out the cafe, his voice booming off every wall. He smiled charmingly to everyone before sitting further into the booth. I gasped again and laid my hand to my mouth.

"Matt." I kept laughing, not caring about what others thought about us.

"The pregnant woman and the gay man, well, we do pretty well for ourselves huh?" Matt winked and I laughed again. "Now that's what I like to see, baby girl, it's alright to cry but to be quite frank, honey, you look better laughing."

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes as I sniffled. Matt chuckled as he picked up his cup.

"You look like a right mess when you're crying." He quickly took a sip of us drink, and I through a napkin at his forehead. He chuckled and I laughed with him.

He was truly the bestest friend I could ever have. I loved him to bits, I really did.

We sat there in our booth watching the world go by outside. We sipped our drinks casually, both of us not really in a rush to get home.