(32) A picture of weakness.

Chapter 32- A picture of weakness

"Cali, baby girl," Matt tried to comfort me, and to ask me what was wrong, but I was too much of a mess to reply.

My eyes were streaming, as if the ice had just melted. My face must have been blotchy and a real red mess. I was sniffling and I couldn't seem to stop.

My life was just some shitty drama series that I somehow couldn't escape from, and again, I had acted rationally and in the heat if the moment, I had acted badly. But was I going to change what I did? Was this for the best? I didn't know.

All I knew was that I felt a hundred times worse than I did before, knowing Kyle wasn't here to help me. I didn't seek comfort through my own boyfriend, I only left myself empty and alone. That wasn't right, surely to God that wasn't right.

"Come on," Matt got up from the floor.

"Go away, please, go away," I pleaded. I loved him, but I needed to be alone. I was pushing yet another person I loved away, and I couldn't help it. It was my natural instinct, it was who I am.

"No, bestfriends don't back out on eachother, I'm taking you home," Matt replied as he lifted me into his arms. "Wow, you've gotten lighter," he added in astonishment. "Or my muscles are getting bigger," he looked down to his biceps almost as if he was taking to himself.

I wanted to laugh at him, but I couldn't, my heart was too broken for that.

He tredged to the car, and I didn't kick up a fuss. He laid me into the passengers seat and I sobbed beside him. He also sat in the car, and started the ignition almost straight away.

"It won't be like this for long,"

"Please, take me home," I sniffed. I could still feel the anger bubbling inside of me, and I was almost ready to explode.

Why did I have the worst luck in the world? I was angry with life, I was angry with the world.

We held some of the most aggressive people here, we hold so much misery and unhappiness, and it came to me, hitting me so hard and knocking me over until I was also the one in that dark deep pit of dispair.

Why me? I ask. Why me?

The car stopped on the side just a few minutes later, and I walked to the front of my house with Matt following behind me. I just wanted to be alone, I wanted to cry to myself, not infront of a one man audience.

"Go home," I demanded as I unlocked my door. "I want to be alone," he hesitated before replying,

"I don't want to leave you alone like this,"

"Well you're going to have to, because I need to be alone, Matt," he sighed in defeat. He kissed me on the forehead before retreating.

"Ring me if you need me baby girl, and please, don't do anything stupid," he pleaded as he made his way to his car.

I slammed the door shut and stomped my way into the kitchen. I laid my head in my hands and my elbows on the kitchen island.

My father had cancer, that was something that held in my mind. Kyle never told me about it, and he knew before I did. I was my fathers daughter, shouldn't I have known first? I was so angry at them both for that. I was angry because I was angry at Kyle when I shouldn't have been, but I'm embarrassed and ashamed I didn't even realise my dad had this illness and that he didn't even bother to tell me before Kyle who was a complete stranger to him at first. I had never been a stranger to my own father, I should have been told.

I should have been told!

I whipped my hand across the counter and hit the glass on the side. It went tumbling down onto the floor and it shattered into a million pieces, representing my heart.