(45) You were mine

Chapter 45- You were mine.

After dinner I went to sit back down on the sofa. Right now I had to start thinking about the future.

So I was married, but what was I really going to do? I needed to start thinking about universities or college. I needed to start thinking now before it was too late.

I let out a sigh as I slumped down and rolled my head backwards. I felt the sofa dip beside me before arms came around my waist, picked my up and dumped me onto their lap.

I felt Kyle's nose bury beside my ear and he sighed a long breath as he squeezed me to him.

"What's up?" He whispered. I shook my head as my eyes closed. I snuggled into his chest and felt my breathing calm slightly.

"Nothing,"

"Sure?"

"I'm sure," I said quietly.

"Thanks for tea, it was just as amazing as you," I smiled at his compliment.

"Anything for you," I mumbled. A wave of tiredness over took me. I would have been lying if I told you I had slept well since my father had gone. I really wasn't, and it was starting to make it's effect on me.

"You're tired," it wasn't a question, but a statement instead. I nodded my head anyway as he smoothed my back gently. "Go to sleep, baby," I nodded my head again, and before I knew it I was gone.

I woke up to find myself in between the sheets. I shot up and looked beside me. I was alone. I laid my hand out and felt that the sheets were cold. He hadn't been here.

It was dark and slightly chilly, but I shrugged anyway and grabbed the laptop from beside the bed.

I looked at the time and it read half 11, I wasn't sleepy and I didn't feel like going to find Kyle. I bet he was watching some sport programme downstairs. I knew I was safe anyway.

I logged in to the computer and went into Google. I knew I had to search for a few universities.

I knew what university I wanted to go to anyway, as I had always wanted to go there since I knew about it. But it was a long way from here, would Kyle come with? I had to speak it out with him first, but my finger hovered over the button as I was tempted to just sign up for it.

I doubted I could make it, but this was what I had wanted to do. Without a second thought I pressed the button, I filled in what I had to over the net and explained what I had done throughout my years at school. My heart beat increased along the way. But it was worth a shot.

I breathed a sigh of relief when it was done, and they said they'd send me a letter to tell me if I was rewarded with an interview. I hoped I was, but deep down I wasn't quite sure.

I brushed it off and settled the laptop back down on to the floor after switching it off.

I then rolled out of bed and went to search for Kyle. I was now beginning to get abit lonely on my own, a little cold and a little sad without him.

I padded downstairs and slumped myself into the living room. The light was off but the television was still on with the volume down low.

I searched around the room until I saw him on the one seated chair with his legs sprawled out infront if him, I'm sure he was asleep.

"Kyle," I whispered, but he didn't move. He was definitely asleep.

I made my way over to him, he looked so adorable as he slept. His bottom lip moved in and out slowly as he breathed. His arms were folded across his chest and his hair was all over the place.

I placed my hand against his shoulder and he mumbled as I shook him.

"Kyle, wake up," I said quietly. "Kyle," I let out a little louder.

His eyes shot open as he stared up at me.

"Cali," he croaked in his sleepy voice.

"What are you doing sleeping down here?" He sat up groggily and wiped his eyes.

"I didn't want to wake you up," he replied.

"Well you weren't there when I woke up,"

"I'm sorry," he let out a yawn and laid his head back down. I held my hand out.

"Come to bed," I said pleadingly. He didn't need to be asked twice, he got up before grabbing my hand and letting me lead him to bed.

"Is there something on your mind?" I asked. He seemed a little distracted and anxious over something, but I wasn't quite sure what.

"You," was his reply. I rolled my eyes slightly but didn't seem to pursue him anymore.

I led him to his side of the bed and waited until he laid down before pulling the duvet over his body. He looked exhausted.

"I'm meant to look after you,"

"Shut up and go to sleep," I said before kissing his cheek. He hummed in comfort.

"Get into bed, quickly, I'm cold," I quickly got in beside him and he snuggled me up into his arms. I sighed in comfort.

I looked around the room and sighed again.

"I can't wait to get out of this house," I whispered. Kyle hummed beside me as his breath tickled my neck.

"Don't worry about a thing," he said. I knew I didn't need to worry about anything, but I did. It was in my blood.

"I'm not worrying,"

"I guess you're going to tell me you're not lying next even though I know you are," he stated as he shook his head slightly. I felt the ends of his lips turn up. "Your husband has it all in control,"

"My husband, I like that, it's still crazy to think about," I muttered distractedly as I closed my eyes briefly. It really was crazy.

Everything seemed to happen at the same time and now it felt as if I was in someone else's story but my own.

"It's only crazy to me because I had been waiting for you, I didn't know anyone would hear me and make you come true," he mumbled sleepily.

"But you're so young, why would a hormonal teenage boy wish such a thing?" I asked as I went to move so I could gauge his reaction. His body tensed to prevent me from doing so.

"Don't move. Comfy," he grumbled. "And different people wish for different things, and you were mine, okay?"

"Okay, it's still crazy though," I said in astonishment.

"You don't believe me when I say it do you?" He got up suddenly until his elbows were holding up his body weight.

"Believe what?" I asked softly.

"You don't believe me when I say most things," his eyebrow arched up but his mouth was set into a frown as he spoke.

"I do!" I spluttered. "Of course I do, you're not lying!" His eyelids narrowed.

"Right," he drawled. He laid back down and rested his head on my stomach.

"Don't be like that," I pouted my lip childishly even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"I'm not being like anything, I'm just sleepy, baby," he mumbled and his voice seemed heavy and thick with sleep.

I knew he got a little grumpy when he was sleepy, it really was quite adorable. And he was all mine.

"Goodnight," I said before I yawned. Kyle moved up to kiss me on the cheek.

"Can't go to sleep without a good night kiss," he mumbled to himself

before moving back down and resuming his position. "Goodnight, love," he said quietly as if he didn't have the energy.

My heart seized and I thanked everything for giving me this wonderful person. I was well and truly in love, and married to him too.

I was the luckiest girl in the world.