(59) Motto

Chapter 59- Motto

Getting him to bed was so hard. He wouldn't walk straight-not that he could- and he kept mumbling nonsense. None I could make out.

"Cali." He slurred as I finally got him up stairs. I hummed his way, telling him he had my attention, but I was too busy concentrating on getting him in to bed to really reply. "You shouldn't have come out." I looked to him, is face had changed into an angry painting. His eyebrows furrowed, yet he was so wobbly and unfocused, he didn't look intimidating.

I rolled my eyes and chose to ignore him. He was starting to piss me off. In fact, he started pissing me off when he left to get pissed. Ironic, really.

When we got to our room, I took Kyle's jacket off carefully, his shorts and also his top.

Once they were thrown on to the floor without a care, Kyle flopped down on the bed, his legs dangling down, yet his body awkwardly arranged.

I huffed. This was harder than I expected. I hadn't ever tried to handle a drunk Kyle, and after this I didn't think I wanted to ever again.

I was angry with him, for leaving himself in this mess, leaving me to handle it all by my self and pick up the pieces.

I wanted to be there for him, of course I did, I was his wife, but not like this.

"It's danger-dangerous," he hiccuped, "to go out at this time with our baby." He continued to slur.

"Kyle, shut up and go to sleep." I couldn't argue with him now, nothing would get through to him. It was a waste of his time and mine.

As soon as I looked over to him properly, I saw his eye close and his breathing become even.

He was asleep. Good.

I don't think I could have handled drunk Kyle any longer. I loved him, so much, but this, this wasn't fun. And, the thought of it not being fun for Kyle tomorrow morning made it at least a little better for me.

Kyle was sprawled out across the bed, no where for me to sleep. I shrugged anyway. I wasn't going to sleep with him any how.

I grabbed a pillow from my side of the bed, I wrapped Kyle under the covers before moving downstairs to the sofa.

This would just have to do.

I laid on the sofa, instantly becoming uncomfortable, but not wanting to say anything, not that I had anyone to moan to anyway. Kyle was asleep, and I'm sure he'd be like that all night.

I laid the pillow behind me and placed my head down on it. I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping I'd get to sleep on this god awful sofa.

I woke up that morning, instantly, by the sound of my own name being called.

I jumped up into a sitting position, my back clicking and aching at the movement. I hissed slightly before slinging my legs over, finally being able to stretch my limbs.

"Cali!" I heard another shout. Before I could move, the living room door flung open, and I saw Kyle standing there in his boxers and sporting a messy bed head look.

His eyes were wide with panic and apprehension, and his forehead showed a slight sign of perspiration.

"Why are you down here?" Kyle asked as soon as he spotted me sitting on the sofa, my pillow laying there beside me.

"Because you were sprawled out on the bed last night, giving me no option but to sleep here." I replied as I got up from the sofa and made my way to the kitchen.