(52) The Test

Please check out my story Nick and vote the chapters

Hope you enjoy:)

Chapter 52- The Test.

I sat on the kitchen island as I ate my toast quietly. Kyle picked up his phone and began playing a few games while we sat there in silence.

Sometimes, it was the silent moments where everything felt realistic and normal. It was as if nothing had to be said or even heard of, things just fell in to place there and it gave you chance to really take in what is happening.

But suddenly, our silence was rudely interrupted by a hung over and almost sullen looking Matthew.

"Morning," he croaked out. Kyle put down his phone loudly.

"Matthew!" He replied loudly as he got up to clap his back. "How are you pal?" Matt grimaced as he laid his hands to his head.

"Be quiet," his eyes squinted and he waved him away. I laughed behind my toast quietly.

"What's the matter?" Kyle asked as he tried to suppress his smile. The wind up.

"You know what's the matter, now please get out of my grill," Matt waved a hand in front of his face before Kyle chuckled and moved away to give him the peace he needed.

Kyle came to sit beside me on one of the kitchen stools and Matt made his way to the fridge.

"So, when's the honeymoon?" Matt asked as he poured some milk into a glass which was already on the side.

Beside me, Kyle moved in his chair.

"Ah," was all he replied. "There's actually a problem with that," he looked almost sheepish as he looked to me.

"What?"

"It was hard to get anywhere this time of year even for the honey moon suite things," Kyle waved his hand slightly. "I couldn't get us a room after, I spent most of my time worrying about the house rather than the honeymoon," Kyle looked to me and his eyes were screaming guilt.

I looked to him but shrugged my shoulders slowly in reply.

"It's okay, I'm not feeling up to it at the moment anyway, we'll sort something out," I smiled to him as reassurance before taking another bite of my toast. I gulped it down. "Besides, we don't need a honey moon just yet, we have forever for a honey moon, doesn't have to be traditional and after the wedding, let's just take one step at a time," Kyle smiled in reply but I could still see the look on his face. That look of guilt and sadness.

"I just want to please you,"

"Believe me, you please me enough," I took hold of his hand softly. Before I could get another word in, Matt got there first.