Chapter 11

"Faith, where'd you get that bruise from?" I asked as we walked to class.

"What bruise?" She checked her arms to the new fact spot I was talking about.

"Oh, Jim and I were messing around and he must've caused this." She nervously chuckled. Jim was her younger brother.

"Okay." I dropped the subject.

"I saw Ced come up to you the other night." I've been waiting for her to tell me about it.

"Yeah he did."

"And?"

"He was okay." She shrugged.

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

"Nothing happened?"

"No."

"Did you think he was cute at least?" I asked.

"He was okay."

"Why are you being so dry?" I stopped walking.

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. Any time someone tries to spit game you tell what happened." I said.

"He came over, he talked and that's it."

"Well I vouch for Cedric, he's a pretty good guy, he's not your usual type but he could be good for you." We started walking again.

"You're the last person I would take advice from when it comes to the male species." She mumbled.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I knew she didn't think I heard her but I did.

"All I'm saying is that we have different taste in men. You like thugs and I like gentlemen."

"Did you forget that the 'thug' you're talking about stood up for your bougie ass?" I cut my eyes at her.

"Kellcey I don't see why youre getting so upset." She sighed.

"Because you're so judgemental and it's getting on my damn nerves." I just walked away from her and went to class.

"I told you she was too uppity." Anika said when I told her what Faith said earlier.

We were currently at working the register.

"She's a good person." I defended her.

"I didn't say she wasn't, I just said she's uppity."

"Anyways, I've been thinking we need to have a girls night. Just me and you, I feel like all I do is work, go to class and spend time with Major. I miss my best friend." I whined. I gave her a big hug.

"Yeah, yeah, I miss your ass too, now get the fuck off me." She rolled her eyes.

"You know you love my hugs." I went to give her a kiss on the cheek and she started moving away from me.

"Don't run away from my love." I continued to mess with her.

"I can't stand you." She groaned.

"Love you too."

"Dick at 12 o'clock." Nika nodded her head.

I looked back to see Major walking into the store look good as usual.

"Shit." I mumbled and avoided eye contact with him.

"You aren't happy to see your man?" Anika asked.

"He's not my man, I'm just his 'friend'." I rolled my eyes.

"You're still mad at him over that?" Anika asked.