Chapter 19

"Whatchu think about this one?" Aaron asked me. We were apartment hunting and we were at our third one.

"I mean, it's okay but I like the last one better." I shrugged.

"That shit is too small for you." he shook his head.

"No it's not, I thought it was the perfect size for me and my baby." I spoke.

"I still have to get used to that shit." Aaron rubbed his hand over his face.

"Can I please just move into the last place, pleeeeeeaaaassseee." I whined in his ear.

"Fine." he mushed me so I would get out of his face.

"Thanks bro. I knew you would see it my way. Now let's go eat." I kissed his cheek and smiled. 

"How's things going in school?" Aaron asked after we ordered our food.

"School is school." I shrugged.

"How you been feelin'?"

"I started having a little bit of morning sickness but that's all. I met Major's family the other day." I shook my head at the thought.

"Oh shit, I know that look. What happened?" he sighed.

"Most of his family was hella cool but Major brought his ex there and she was disrespectful as hell. Askin' me if the baby was really his." I scoffed.

"You can't worry bout small shit like that. She just said that shit to be petty." Aaron smacked his lips.

"I know but it still pissed me off." I rolled my eyes. "The crazy part about it is he swore up and down the heifer didn't mean nothing."

"At least you now how he get's down now. Not everybody deserves ya trust." 

"I know but it's just disappointing." I looked down.

"Did you love him?" 

"No, but I did like him a lot, still do but I can't be with a guy that's gonna let his father control his life." I spoke honestly. 

"I gotchu but don't worry about no niggas right now, you got bigger things to worry about." Aaron said as our food came out. We thanked our waiter before eating.

"How's the adoption process going?" I dug into my food.

"It's going, there's a whole bunch of shit I gotta get in order before this thing goes through. I'm nervous about meeting her though. " he shrugged.

"Just don't be an asshole to her." I suggested.

"I'm not an asshole." he faked like he was hurt.

"You can be. I know it's because you love us but she might not take it that way." 

"I hear you." he nodded.

*******

"You ready to go?" Anika asked me. I was currently laid across my bed in some sweats watching Netflix.

"Go where?" I asked. I checked out Nika and she was dressed in a tight bodyconwith her hair and makeup beat.

"Major's birthday party. I thought you were coming." She said.

"You know I wasn't invited and did you forget I'm pregnant?" I looked at her like she was dumb.

"You don't have to drink and you know you don't need a damn invitation." she argued.

"Isn't it kinda weird to be at my ex's birthday party when his new girl is there?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Fuck her. You know she's temporary and she's not gonna say shit to you unless she wants to deal with me." Nika shrugged.