Chapter 22

"I'm sorry for popping in on you like this but I had to leave." Faith said as I pulled her in.

"You know it's no big deal but how did you find out where I lived?"  I checked her out and couldn't help but notice all of the brusies and the dissholved look.

"I asked your R.A. and she told me after I begged her. I should've listened to you." 

"That's not important, all that matters is that you're here now." I pulled her in for a hug.

"Are you hungry? Tired? Need to clean up?"

"Yes, yes, and if you don't mind." She answered.

"Take a shower and I'll leave some clothes out for you, you can sleep in my bed and by the time you wake up I'll have a hot meal for you." I smiled before setting everything up.

"I need a favor." I called Shawn.

"Wassup?"

"My friend just out of a bad situation and she's gonna need a place to stay." I said straight up.

"Why can't she stay with you?" He smacked his lips.

"Because her ex knows that we're friends and he might try to do something if he finds out she's living with me. He doesn't know you or your family." I explained and I heard him sigh.

"You gotta point but I need to talk to wifey before making a decision but I'll let you know."

"Thanks Shawn, you're the best."

"I didn't say yes."

"But you didn't say no either. Love you bro." I hung up.

While Faith was asleep I caught up on some assignments and study until I started making dinner and decided to catch Nika up on everything.

"Hey sleepyhead, you woke up just in time for dinner." I smiled as she sat down at the counter.

I made us both a plate before siting down next to her.

"Thanks." She said before scarfing down her food.

"When's the last time you've eaten?"

"Maybe a week or two, Corey doesn't let me eat when I've been bad." She avoided all eye contact with me.

"Faith you don't have to worry about that anymore. Are you serious about leaving him?" I touched her hand.

"Yes, I've tried leaving him before but I didn't get very far before my mother told where I was hiding out at."

Then she busted out into tears.

"You just don't understand, I'll lose everything. My family and friends will disown me, I don't have a penny to my name and worst of all I'm pregnant." She sobbed into her hands.

"Shh, shh, calm down. It's gonna be okay." I pulled her into hug and consoled her as she cried her heart out.

"How far along are you?" I asked when she calmed down.

"4 weeks but I'm not keeping it, I can't." She wiped her face.

"Are you sure?  Maybe you should think it over some more."

"I've thought about it enough, I can't keep this baby. Kellcey you don't understand, Corey did a lot of messed up things to me and I can't have a person as a constant reminder." She sniffed.

"Faith, did Corey rape you?" She looked away so I already knew the answer.

"Listen, if you're serious about leaving him I thought of a plan."