Chapter 17

I hummed as I finished up a paper that was due in a couple of days. After the whole Major situation I just decided to focus on school and this baby, that's it.

I was in the library just for a nice quiet environment and I focus better when I'm in here.

There was a tap on my shoulder which made me look up to see Kevin standing there.

"Hey." I moved my things so he could sit down.

"I haven't talked to you in a while." He took a seat.

"I'm sorry about that I've just been really busy. What's up?"

"Nothing really, I was just wondering if we could catch up later today?" He asked.

"Actually I'm leaving in a little bit to tell my family some big news but I have a couple hours. Just let me print this paper and we can go." I smiled.

Soon we were at the school's café. Since I knew I couldn't drink caffine I just got a hot chocolate while Kevin had a frapicino.

"So what's been going on with you?" I asked as I sipped on my drink.

"Nothing much, just school but I would like some advice." he pushed up his glasses.

"About what?"

"This girl." he answered.

"Oooh, this is the first time you've said anything about a girl. Do I know her?" I scooted my chair closer.

"You might, I want to ask her out but I don't think she'll take me seriously."

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

"Well, we're friends and I just don't think I'm her type." he sighed.

"Kevin you're a great guy and whoever can't see that can go kick rocks. Any girl would love to go out with you."

"Really?" he smiled.

"Really." I assured him before taking another sip of my hot chocolate.

"Kellcey, will you go out with me?" Kevin asked which made me choke.

"I'm sorry but Kevin I don't think that's a good idea." I said after I calmed down.

"Why? You just said I was a good guy."

"Kevin, I'm pregnant." I confessed. Now, it was his turn to choke.

"Since when?" he asked.

"I found out earlier this week. I find out how far along I am on Tuesday."

"Congratulations."

"Thanks." I gave him a small smile.

"Are you going to stay in school?" he asked after a few moments of awkward silence.

"That's the plan. I just will get an apartment close to campus." I've started looking into places nearby.

"Have you told your family yet?"

"No, that's why I'm going home later today. I already know they'll freak out, espically my brothers." I sighed.

"If you need help, they have plenty of programs to help single mothers continue their education." Kevin told me.

"Really?"

"Yes, my mom is a director for so if you ever need any help just let me know." he nodded his head.

"Trust me, I will." I checked the time. "Sorry to cut this short but I have to be on the road soon." I stood up and Kevin followed my lead.

"Good luck with your family, I hope everything goes well." He gave me a friendly hug.