Chapter 25

The person who kidnapped and killed Major's mother was his father's enemy.

I kissed him." I blurted out to Nika as soon as I entered the room.

She looked away from the tv and stared at me.

"Who?" she asked confused.

"Major." I paced back and forth.

"Explain."

"He was telling me about what happened to his mom and then we had a moment and then we kissed." I sat down and sighed.

"Who pulled away first?"

"Me. Once I realized what was happening I left and came straight here. It's been so long I forgot how good his lips felt."

"What happened to 'We are never getting back together again'?" she mocked me.

"We aren't but it just happened so fast." I whined.

"Calm down, it was just a kiss. As long as you both know that that's all it was." she shrugged.

"I guess you're right but I just don't things to be awkward between us."

"Girl bye, you know it never gets awkward between y'all." she waved me off.

"Is one of my babies kicking?" Nika asked when I made a face of discomfort.

"Yeah." I rubbed on my stomach trying to calm them down.

"Aww, my babies are really gonna be here in two months." She cooed over my stomach.

"I need to have my baby shower soon but I wanted to wait till Major got back." I just remembered that I should probably start planning it soon.

"Would you mind if I planned it for my niece and nephew?" Nika looked at me with a cheeky smile.

"Of course not but Major sister said she wanted to help with the planning, so I'll give you her number. I wanna have as soon as possible but with Major's mother passing I want to make sure he's okay." I said.

"Just let me know what he says and I'll start planning."

"Thank you so much!" I gave her a hug.

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies with Nika and talking about random things until Kyle came home from work.

"I guess I should go back home." I sighed. "I'll see ya'll later." I spoke as Kyle walked me out and made sure I got in my car safely.

I checked my phone for the first time in hours and saw I had missed calls from Major and Aaron.

"Wassup bro?" I called Aaron back and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Nothing, you know I gotta check on ya and shit." he answered.

"I'm good but I'm ready for your niece and nephew to come on because I'm tired, my feet are constantly sore, and they keep kicking the shit outta me." I whined and he laughed.

"Didn't nobody tell ya ass to have sex."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I brushed him off.

"Y'all thought about names yet?"

"Yeah but we decided not to tell anybody." I wanted it to be surprise and Major agreed to go along with it.

"I can't believe my baby sister is about to be somebody's mama." Aaron said.

"Well believe it because in a couple of months my babies are going to be here."

"You nervous?"

"Of course, but I'm excited too." I answered honestly.