Chapter 32

Major

I stomped one of my workers one last time before bending down to his face

"Don't come up short anymore or that's ya life." I gave him a kick in the stomach before leaving the room and heading to my Pops office.

"You handled that?" Was the first thing he said to me.

"Of course." I took a seat and he passed me the blunt he was smoking on.

My pops ain't perfect but I had mad respect for him cause he took care of me and my sister without hesitation. He was pissed when he first found out I was selling but when he saw I was serious he put me on game.

"I been meaning to talk to you about something." I took a hit before giving the blunt back to him.

"Talk."

"I've been thinking about getting my GED." I told him.

"You think you can handle that with all you got going on?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't know but I'm gonna try." I admitted, now that I'm a father I wanted to do bigger shit in the future for the twins and for myself. Getting my GED is the first step towards that.

"Might get out the game in a few years, I need to be around for the twins." I confessed which made me nervous since I didn't know how he was gonna respond.

"You're changing again." My pops commented. He said the same thing when I first started dating Kellcey so I knew I was about to get a lecture which made me sigh.

"I know but I really need to get my shot together and I know you're pissed but-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"I'm proud of you." He said surprising me.

"Wait what?" I asked in confusion. I definitely didn't expect him to say that.

"I said I'm proud of you. You're becoming you're own man." He nodded his head in approval.

"But earlier when you said I was changing you made me break up with Kellcey." I was mad confused by now.

"I was testing you, you looked like you were really serious about this girl and if you're gonna be in a committed relationship you can't let outsiders make you doubt your relationship." He explained. "You failed but I see you're starting to become a man."

"You did that shit on purpose?" I smacked my lips. I can't believe he set me up to break up with Kellcey.

"You had a choice and you chose wrong. That's on you, not me. You can't blame me for the choices you make." he shrugged and took a hit. I had an attitude because he low-key cost me my family. Me and Kellcey would never have started beefing if it wasn't for him making me feel like I had to drop her.

"But now she's tryna move on." I brought up. I was still pissed that she had the nerve to try to hook up with some random ass nigga. She disappears for a weekend and comes back with some nigga that ain't got shit on me.