Chapter 35

Anika"Girl you know your brother will not take them kids from you

Anika
"Girl you know your brother will not take them kids from you. He's probably doing this just to scare you straight." I told Kellcey over the phone. It had been a few days since the whole fire incident happened and she was scared shitless.

"But what if he's not? What if he really takes the twins from me?"

"Honestly before he could even do that they'd ask Major if he wanted custody since he is their father." Kyle walked through the door and I greeted him with a kiss.
Once Kellcey moved out of our dorm Kyle asked me if I wanted to move in with him even though we were moving kinda fast I still wanted to move in with him.
"True, Major still isn't talking to me and the only time I see him is when he comes by to see the twins." She sounded so pitiful.

"Okay but you know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be acting the same way, shit probably worse. Just please tell me that you've chilled out on this Shane nigga." I waited for her reply.

"Are you serious?" I asked when she didn't say anything. "What's so special about this nigga that you can't leave him alone?"

"I don't know but it's just something about him." She replies which made me sigh.

"You have all this shit going on and you're worried about him? Kellcey I'm saying this because I'm your best friend and I love you, you need to get your shit together and fast." I told her.

"I know." She sighed.

"But yet you're not trying. You always complained about how your mom put any nigga over you but you're kinda doing the same thing. The twins could be taken away and instead of doing something about it you're worried about Shane." I shook my head even though she couldn't see me.

"And we don't even know this nigga!" I added.

"You're right." She sounded as if she was deep in thought. "I'll talk to you later."
"Okay I'll try to visit this weekend. Keep your head up boo." I said before hanging up.

"She good?" Kyle asked me when I walked into the living room.

"Ehh, she's still upset that Aaron is considering taking the twins and Major refuses to talk to her. I think they're just doing this to show her how serious this shit is." I plopped on the couch next to him.

"Why are you making that face?" I asked Kyle when I noticed he had a nervous look on his face.

"No reason, just Nyah is staying this weekend." he mumbled the last part.

"Say that again?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I said Nyah is coming this weekend." he repeated himself. Nyah was his little sister who hated me for no reason. I met her when I met the rest of Kyle's family and everyone else was so nice and welcoming besides her.

"And you're just now telling me?"

"I know it's last minute but my parents called me earlier today because they have to take a surprise business trip. I'm sorry baby." he started kissing on me because he knew I was irritated.