Chapter 23

"Calm down, she's gonna be okay." Tre tried to confort me as I paced the hospital lobby.

As soon as I noticed Nika's wound I tazed Dani and her friend and got Nika to the hospital.

"I can't calm down, my best friend is in the hospital because of me." I was trying my best not to cry but it wasn't working.

"Kellcey, don't cry." Tre gave me a hug and broke down.

"Kellcey! Tre! What the fuck happened?" I heard Kyle's voice. I looked up to see him and Major coming up to us.

After I explained what happened they were both pissed.

"I'll be right back." Major left for a second.

"I'm so sorry Kyle." I cried.

"It's okay Kellcey." he comforted me.

I felt like shit, my sister was laid up in the hospital because of me. We impatiently waited for someone to tell us something and it felt like forever.

"Family of Anika Tompkins." the doctor called out and I rushed over to him.

"I'm her sister, is she okay?" I asked.

"She's fine, the wound was deep enough that she needs stitches but she should recover quickly."

"Can we see her?" Kyle asked.

"We're sticking her up right now and then she can go home but make sure she takes it easy. She should be outta here in an hour or two." he smiled at us before leaving.

"I'm glad she's gonna be okay." I sighed.

"Yeah, me too. I don't know what I would've done with her loud ass." Kyle chuckled.

We waited patiently for Anika to come out and when she did I gave her a gentle hug.

"I'm so sorry." I started to cry again. She patted my back.

"Calm down, I'm fine. It's not your fault that bitch is grimy and if you stress out my niece and nephew I will beat ya ass." she wiped my tears.

"Okay." I sniffed.

Major and Tre both gave her a hug and Kyle gave her a kiss on the forehead before carefully engulfing her.

"Now, the doctor said you need to take it easy so I'll be taking take of you until you get better." I said.

"No the hell you're not. The doctor said you chill out on the stress and take it easy ya self and you can't do that if you're stressin' over Nika." Major looked at Nika. "No offense."

"I agree with Major, Kellcey. I'm gonna be fine but those babies aren't if you don't chill out. I'm pretty sure Kyle will do a good job taking care of me."  Nika lectured me.

"Okay, fine but call me if you need anything." I rolled my eyes.

"I promise I will now go chill out." she said as she hugged me.

"Kyle be careful with her." I called out to them as they left.

"I gotchu." 

"How'd y'all get here?" Major asked me and Tre.

"We rode in the ambulance." Tre told him.

"I'll drop you off at ya car." we followed Major his car.

"Those bitches." I said when I saw my tires were slashed. I heard Major curse under his breath.

"I'll just drop you home but I gotta make a quick stop." He rubbed his hand over his face.