Chap 29

I hummed to India Arie that played on the radio as I drove to my brother's house. I knew it was gonna be a long drive but it gave me a chance to think.

I was tired of Major brushing off my feelings so I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine and show him how hard it is. I knew Major could track his car so I dropped it off at an empty parking lot and took an Uber to get a rental.

None of my family knew I was coming since I didn't get a chance to tell them. As soon as I slipped out of the door I turned off my phone. I needed a break so I decided to give myself one. I continued my drive until I finally reached my brother's house.

"Hey!" Angela, Shawn's wife, answered the door and gave me a hug. "What are you doing here and where are the twins?"

"With their daddy and I just wanted to visit." I shrugged while following her inside.

"Lie again, come on and tell me what's wrong?" She had me follow her into the kitchen. Both of my brothers' wives were like sisters I never had so they knew me pretty well.

"I left him." I confessed. "Not for good but for a few days." I said before she could start freaking out. I explained everything that's been going on with me and Major.

"I think you did the right thing." She said when I was done.

"Really?" I was surprised.

"Yeah, hopefully he'll see the stress you have. Between school and the kids you have a lot going on. Parenting is difficult with both parents being involved let alone with only one." I was relieved that she understood where I was coming from.

"You think I should tell Shawn and Aaron?" I asked. I honestly knew they'd probably drive down there and beat his ass for doing me dirty.

"You know how they are so it's up to you but you do need to at least tell someone that you're safe." She pointed her finger at me.

"True, I'll be right back." I stepped into the hallway and finally turned on my phone. It immediately flooded with miss calls and texts. I decided to call Nika.

"Girl where are you at? You okay? Do I need to come get you?" She rushed me with questions.

"I'm fine and I'm safe." I told her calmly.

"Where are you? We're all over here freaking out."

"Just know I'm in a safe place. I should be back in a few days but I'm not sure. How are my babies?" I've only been gone for a few hours and I already miss them.

"They're fine besides the fact Major doesn't know what the hell he's doing." She smacked her lips which made me chuckle.

"There's breast milk that I already pumped in the fridge and I need a favor from you." I bit my lip.

"I'm listening."

"I don't want you to help Major unless something bad is gonna happen to the twins." I said.

"Why?"

"I don't have any help so he shouldn't either. Just check up on him but don't help him at all." I told her.

"Okay." She sighed.

"Thanks, call me with updates please. Love you."

"Love you too and I will." She said before hanging up.

"Angela you think I could take a shower and borrow some clothes. I literally came straight here." I told her once I found her in the kitchen.

"Yeah, you know where everything is at and you can just pick out anything to wear. Maybe we should have a girls day tomorrow, get our nails and hair done, do a little shopping."