Chapter 28

1 month later

"Come on before we're late!" I yelled as I fixed D'Angelo's shirt. Tonight was Tre's first game and I was not gonna miss any of it.

I looked at my babies in their shirts and they looked too cute.

"I'm ready." Major came downstairs.

"We look so cute with our little shirts." I said while looking at us. We were all matching from our shirts to our shoes.

"Yeah, I guess." he mumbled before picking up Micah and kissing all over her face.

"Can you hand me the diaper bag?" I pointed to it. He handed it to me. "Are you sure they should be out? I don't want my babies exposed to the cold." I said.

"It's not that cold outside and you got blankets and shit for them. They should be good." he answered.

We loaded up his truck and then we were on our way to Tre's school.

"I'm so excited to see him play, I've never seen him in action before." I danced in my seat.

"I can't lie Tre's got some skills and he's not that tall but his vertical makes up for it." Major said.

"Y'all ready to see Uncle Tre?" I turned in my seat and asked my babies. Of course they didn't say anything back but I didn't care I still talked to them.

Once we arrived Major paid for us to get in and we were able to find some good seats since it wasn't packed yet.

"Ced is on his way." Major told me while looking down at his phone.

"Okay, Nika is on her way in." I said.

"I'm bout to go get some food, you want some?" Major asked.

"Just a blue Gatorade." I shrugged. He nodded his head before leaving.

"Hey, I'm Darnell's mama, Yvette." this woman behind me introduced herself. I was familiar with the Darnell because he comes over sometimes and plays on the team but I never met his family before.

"I'm Tre's sister, Kellcey." I adjusted Micah when she started fussing.

"I know." she pointed towards my shirt which made me chuckle. "Me and some of the other mothers get together sometimes to do stuff for the boys like team meals." she told me.

"Well, I don't know if I can help with that since I don't know how to cook." I chuckled.

"Everyone can cook something."

"I'll teach you sometime." she said when I didn't say anything. We exchanged numbers and talked for a little bit until Nika appeared.

"I didn't miss anything, did I?"

"No, this is the end of the freshman game so we still have a few minutes before Tre comes out." I told her.

"Let me see one of my god babies." she held her hands out. I gave her Micah and took D'Angelo out of his carrier.

"Kyle's not coming?" I asked Nika.

"He is but we got into an argument earlier and decided to ride separately." She rolled her eyes.

"What did y'all argue about?"

"His dumb ass thinks I'm stepping out on him but what he doesn't know is that I've been planning a surprise for his birthday." She smacked her lips.

"I forgot that's next week. What'd you plan on doing for him?"

"I rented out his favorite restaurant and plan on making it look all romantic then have some bomb ass sex afterwards. I also got him tickets to see NBA Youngboy."