Chapter 36

Kellcey

"Major are you deadass right now?" I asked when he stood on my brother's doorstep. I was hoping he was bluffing when he threatened to take the twins away but judging by the look on his face I could tell he was serious.

"You thought this was a joke or something?" he asked me.

"Can we at least talk about this?" I sighed.

"Fine," he said after a brief second. I moved aside so he could come in. We sat across from each other with no one saying anything.

"I-I'm sorry about yesterday. I wasn't thinking and I didn't know Shane would act like that." I finally broke the silence.

"But that's the problem, lately you haven't been thinking," he said sharply.

"I admit I've had a couple of slip ups but so have you. You haven't been the perfect father either." I snapped.

"But I've never put the twins in any danger," he replied.

"How could you when you weren't even here half the time," I mumbled and crossed my arms. 

"I was working to provide for y'all." I could tell he started to get defensive.

"Nigga please, you were not working the whole time and between you and my brothers me and the twins have more than enough." I waved him off.

"It ain't ya brothers responsibilities but believe what you want Kellcey but I still feel like the twins should stay with me for a while." he stood up and I followed him.

"Major, you can't take them away from me." I talked to his back as he made his way to the twins' nursery.

"Major! Major!" I started getting loud because he was ignoring me.

"Be quiet before you wake them up." was the only thing he said to me. The whole time he was getting them ready I tried to stop him but he was just brushing me off.

"Major please," I begged him as he headed for the front door with the twins in his arms. It was becoming more real that he was really taking them from me. 

"Kellcey, you can come by and see them whenever you want. You just gotta get ya shit together before I feel comfortable with them staying with you." he kissed my forehead. 

"He took them," I told Nika as soon as she answered the phone.

"Aww it's okay pooh." she said. "Kellcey what's going on with you? Like you're my sister, be real with me." she asked. I sighed before responding.

"I just feel like ever since I had the twins I've been suffocated like between school and being a mom I feel like I have no room to breathe. Don't get me wrong, I love my babies more than life itself but I don't know who I am anymore and Shane is like a breath of fresh air. He listens to me, he checks on me, he's interested in how I feel." I explained.

"Aww Kellcey I wish you would've told me this when you first started feeling like this. Maybe you should talk to someone," she suggested.

"Nika I'm not crazy-"

"I'm not saying you are but obviously you need to talk to someone who completely understands how you feel. All I'm saying is it might help and then you'll start to feel like yourself again. Just promise me you'll at least think about it." she pleaded.

"Fine, I'll think about it," I mumbled.

"Good, and I know you may not feel like you have anyone but you'll always have me and your brothers. We all just want the best for you, including Major."