Sakurai Ryou

SAKURAI X READER:
I Love You, Mushroom
_______________________

"Love is a strong word, you know." Momoi says as she lays down on the bench beside you.

"I know that." You respond to her.

You are currently laying on the floor of the basketball court next to the bench, after you had finished mopping the floor with Momoi. You and her keep tabs on the Tōō court and like to keep it clean and sanitary. The janitors have to clean the boys sweaty change rooms and toilets, so you two believe keeping the court clean is the least you can do.

"So you love Sakurai, then?" Momoi questions while staring up at the roof.

"Yeah, I do." You reply with a smile.

"THAT. IS. SO. CUTE." She squeals excitedly.

You and Sakurai have been dating for about a year, now. He is the adorable apologetic mushroom who is talented at drawing manga and playing basketball. Your boyfriend never lets you see his sketchbook though, and you aren't sure why. Whenever he says no it is followed by apology after apology and you always have to convince him it's okay.

"Sakurai is such a cutie." Momoi mentions. You shoot a glare in your friends direction and she throws her hands in the air in defence. "Just saying!" She quickly adds on.

You chuckle. "He sure is a cutie."

» » »

"She's such a cutie." Aomine comments.

"I-I know!" Sakurai responds.

"You asked me to stay back after a basketball practice I didn't even attend to talk about your girlfriend?" Aomine spins the basketball on his index finger.

"W-Well... I think I love her."

"You think?" Aomine raises an eyebrow.

"No... I know I love her. I'm just s-scared I'll say it too soon and she'll leave me. She's a drifter type of girl." Sakurai says softly.

"If you know you love her, then there should be nothing holding you back, lover boy. Go tell her how much she means to you. Girls love that kind of cheesy stuff." Aomine throws the ball into the air and it lands on his foot.

"You're right! And I'm sorry for making you stay late!" He exclaims and bows slightly. Aomine ruffles Sakurai's hair with his large hand.

"Nah, it's fine, squirt. Go get her." Aomine walks off and Sakurai is mentally preparing himself to tell you how he feels about you.

» » »

"GET YOURSELF TOGETHER, Y/N!" Your best friend slaps you in the face.

"What the hell was that for!? I was just standing here!" You scream in her face.

"I know, but geez I was expecting you to be nervous or something. How often are you going to confess your feelings to the love of your life?" She begins.

"Well i-"

"Not that many times, is the correct answer. I mentally psyched myself up to slap you when you had a panic attack but you had no such thing and I still deserve to give you a slap, so there."

You stare at her in confusion. You then punch her shoulder. She screams and falls onto the ground in a quick motion. She rolls around and holds her soon-to-be bruised shoulder.

"Deserved." You then spin around and walk off to find your boyfriend.

"Ryou!?" You call out into the empty court.

Nothing.

Guess he's not here, then.

"Y/N?" Sakurai pops out of nowhere and you let out a soft squeal.

"Geez, Ry. You trying to kill me?" You use your nickname for him.

"Ahh! I'm so sorry, Y/N-chan!" He bows repeatedly.

"It's okay, it's okay. I actually have something to tell you, Ryou." He stops bowing and seems extremely nervous all of a sudden.

"Should we sit?" You nod at his suggestion and the two of you sit beside each other on the bench.

"So... We've been dating for a while now, right? We get along well, and we both like each other very much... That's why-" You say before getting cut off.

"Y/N-chan! Oh no... I-I- Please don't break up with me! I love you so so so so much, I-I'm sorry! Please don't do this!" Tears form in the corners of Sakurai's eyes as he begs.

"R-Ryou! Wait, I was just about to tell you that I love you."

He stops and stares at you in shock.
"Oh no, I'm so sorry I misread the situation. Stupid, Sakurai, stupid!" He hits himself on the forehead.

"But I-I love you too, Y/N." He leans forward and you do the same, and you share a passionate kiss.

"I love you, mushroom."

"See, I told you Sakurai had the balls to do it." You hear your best friends voice say. You and Sakurai pull away and spot Aomine and (Best Friend) watching.

"Tch. Whatever." He exclaims and hands her some cash.

"You're hot when you're mad." You best friend says.

"You're hot all the time." Aomine replies.

"We should kiss."

"Yeah."

Suddenly there's a steamy make out session going on in front of yours and Sakurai's innocent eyes. You quickly clamp your hand over your boyfriend's vision so he couldn't see the dirtiness in front of him.