Midorima Shintaro

MIDORIMA X READER
What's Your Story?
_________________________

"Um, excuse me." You reach out and tap the tall boy on the shoulder. He turns to face you as does his little sister. The small girl peaks out from behind his long legs and her tiny hands remain firmly latched onto his school pants.

"Oh, hi. I didn't see you there." You look down at the shy girl with a gentle smile. She stares at you with wide eyes before looking up at her brother, then back at you. She steps out from behind him and takes a few small steps towards you.

She latches her hands onto your school skirt and tugs lightly.

You look up at the green haired boy in confusion as he watches with interested eyes.

"She wants to be picked up, nandayo." He explains.

You squat down and she climbs onto your knee and makes her way onto your waist and cuddles you.

"You're the new girl, right?" He asks.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I've only been here a couple days and mom's already making me catch the train home. Which reminds me... Would you be able to tell me where the station is?"

The girl looks up at you with her big green eyes before turning and looking at her brother.

"MAMA! PAPA!" She suddenly exclaims as she shares glances between you two. Your cheeks quickly redden.

"She just learnt those words today, nandayo." You chuckle at both of their adorable ness. "And yes. I can bring you to the station, I have to go there anyway." He nods his head in the direction and you match pace with him, the small girl still comfortably in your arms.

You walk beside him away from the school.

"We have a class together, right?" You make conversation.

"English."

"You remember?" You ask in shock. He spares a glace at you and realises how happy you at that he remembers. His cheeks tint with red and he pushes his glasses up to hide the blush from you.

"Of course, nandayo. You got up in front of the class and awkwardly mumbled away about your transfer to Shutoku."

You deadpan.

THAT'S HOW HE REMEMBERS YOU!?

"Good to know I looked like an idiot." You sigh.

"You did look like an idiot." He says and you pout. "But I couldn't even hear you from the back of the classroom. Why did you move?"

His interest in you makes you happy.

"Well, I've bounced from school to school my whole life. Mom often strikes out in the money genre. One day I can get an education one place, the next I can't. One day we can live in one house, the next we can't. It's complicated. Some days she gets paid and spends it all on alcohol. Recently she's been trying her best and has managed to get me into this amazing school and keep both of us fed and sheltered, but who knows how long it will last this time." You look up at the sky as you speak.

"Hopefully a while." Midorima murmurs behind his fingers as he pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose. There was no point, you already heard.

Midorima's sister pokes your cheek playfully before grinning and looking away, pretending she didn't do it. You giggle and do the same to her, making her laugh loudly.

"What about you, Midorima. What's your story?"

» » »

"We've been dating since that day, nandayo." Midorima says as he pushes his glasses frame up.

"I GET THE FLU FOR TWO WEEKS, COME BACK, AND SHIN-CHAN IS DATING A GIRL!?" Takao screams.

A/N:

"Simplicity is the essence of happiness." ~ Cedric Bledsoe

also, would any of you actually read a chapter if i just explained what's going on in my life right now? just for clarification for anyone who transferred here from my naruto book where i first announced my pregnancy a year and bit ago. (or for anyone curious about my ever-changing life) so just let me know because i'm very tempted to write a short life update. x