Furihata Kōki

FURIHATA X READER:
Is It True?
_______________________

"Become the best at something... Then I'll date you."

You smile remembering what you had said to Furihata that day. You weren't being a bitch, instead, you were being incredibly supportive. You said those words because you knew Furihata had a mad crush on you, so hearing that he needed to become to best at something to get what he want gave him enough courage and inspiration to unlock his full potential at a sport he loves.

Here you were, at the Winter Cup watching Furihata's team play against Kaijo. Furihata asked you to attend and there was no way in hell that you would decline.

You had been to all of their games so far, even the practice against Kaijo. You had never seen the kind of moves Kise had pulled out and it had you on edge, praying that Seirin would still come out victorious.

The whole crowd is cheering for Kaijo, so your yells for Seirin become muffled.
You have no idea what to do to make the boys feel more loved because they can't even hear their only supporter.

You watch as Riko calls Furihata off the bench.
He's playing!?

You gasp as he fumbles his way onto the court.

He's feeling so intimidated.

It's pretty much dead silent as he loses the ball, but then gains it back.

"GO, SEIRIN!" you scream out at the top of your lungs. People turn and look at you but you couldn't care less. All that matters is that Seirin hears you and they realise that there are more people out there who want them to win besides their benched players.

Furihata's nervousness soon fades to courage as he hears your voice and helps his teammates. He's an extremely cautious player, he changed the entire pace of the game and it's sure as hell paying off.

Slowly, throughout the game, the crowd starts cheering along with you for Seirin. They feel the love and play even better.

When Seirin wins, you scream out,

"I LOVE YOU, FURIHATA!"

Furihata turns to look at you and his face lights up with delight, excitement and happiness.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, Y/N!" he yells.

Kagami smacks him on the back in a congratulatory way and Hyuuga pats him on the head.

You push through the crowd of people until you reach the locker rooms and patiently wait outside. Furihata walks out and you leap onto him.

"Congratulations!" you exclaim.

"T-Thank you!" he hugs you close to him. "Is what you yelled out before... Um... I mean, is what yelled you... Wait, I mean, is what you yelled out before true... Is it true?" he's a stuttering mess.

You smile. "Of course. I do love you."

"Oh my God." he exclaims. "I did it. I have a girlfriend! I have a girl who I love who is my girlfriend!" he fist pumps the air and you chuckle.

Suddenly, Riko comes out of nowhere and punches him in the back of the head.

"You better not quit the basketball team now."