Aomine Daiki

AOMINE X READER:
I Could Die
_________________________

a/n: whoops i swore in this way more than i was expecting to! hehe, expect foul language. xx

You giggle at Sakurai as he tries to untangle himself from the basket of volleyball nets he fell into. You help him out with a smile and grab onto his hand to pull him so he's standing upright.

"Sorry, Y/N." Sakurai quickly says and blushes at the physical contact.

"It's okay, Sakurai. Try not to fall and collapse into nets again, okay?" you wave goodbye and grab your bag, heading over to where your boyfriend is standing.

"Hey, are you ready t-"

"Yeah." Aomine rudely interrupts you and walks through the gym door without another word.

A frown spreads across your face and you trail behind him.

"Why are you so damn grumpy today, huh?" the harsh question startles him. Aomine stops in his tracks but remains with his back to you. "Not just today, actually. Why have you been in a foul mood for the past few weeks? You barely talk to me, you barely look at me... do you even want to be in a relationship with me anymore?"

Every word you've wanted to say for the past month comes tumbling out of your mouth.

A chilling gust of wind rushes past both of you and sends a shiver down your spine.

He doesn't turn around to make eye contact. "Just go home." he demands. His shoes hitting the ground is the only sound filling the empty air while you stand there alone, looking like an idiot.

You want to chase after him, scream at him, let out all of your pent up anger from his mistreatment towards you over the past weeks. You want to kick him in the balls, slap him in the face and declare that the relationship is officially over, even though it seems like it was over weeks ago.

But all you can bring yourself to do is collapse to your knees on the grass with tears clouding your eyes.

"Y/N? W-What are you doing? What's wrong!? I'm sorry!"

You don't even have to look up from the ground to know that Sakurai is rushing over to your side. He kneels down in front of you.

"What happened?" he asks nervously after examining your streaming tears and heartbroken expression.

"Aomine. He just... he's just such a jackass." you admit while wiping vigorously at your wet cheeks.

"I know. But don't... don't you love that jackass?" Sakurai asks innocently.

Your head snaps up. "I do, but one sided love isn't enough to hold a relationship together." you pause and look back down at the ground. "He's drifted out of my reach. I don't know if there's anything worth fighting for... he's gone."

"I'm sorry for everything I'm about to say to you, Y/N. But how do you know there's nothing left to fight for? You aren't even trying. You're sitting here crying while he walks away from you. I know that tough love isn't what you want right now, but I think it's what you need. He's drifted from your reach because you aren't chasing after him. If you want him, go get him. Don't sit here drowning in self pity." his words strike something deep inside you. He's right.

You abruptly stand up. "Thank you, mushroom." with those final words of appreciation, you sprint off to catch up with Aomine.

The soles of your shoes slam into the concrete as you run as fast as you possibly can.

You expected to have more time to gather your thoughts and decide what to say, but in a split second he's in your view.

"YOU ARE THE SHITTIEST PERSON ON THE FUCKING PLANET!" you shout. Aomine turns around in shock. "You-you can't just..." you pause and catch your breath. "Who do you think you are, throwing me aside like I mean nothing to you? Did you think that you could get rid of me that easily? Well, since being a douche is the only way for you to express yourself, I might try getting my point across your way. I love you, jackass. I don't know what your problem is, or why you keep pushing me away, but if you forgot why I'm around... it's because I love you. Do you remember what love is?"

He sighs and his blue hair falls over his eyes. "I do, but... Y/N, tell me what will happen if tomorrow, or in five years, or in twenty years you stop loving me."

"I won't." your response is fast.

"You might. You can't predict the future. One day you may wake up and realise that I'm not what you want, and you'll leave. If we just break up now, neither of us will have to suffer in the long run." he states and shakes his head.

Break up? He wants to break up?

"You want to break up?" tears well up in your eyes. "Why?" your voice cracks.

His heart tightens at the sight.

"I just said. You might stop wanting to be toge-"

Smack!

The sound of your palm colliding with Aomine's cheek echoes.

"Are you calling me a liar? I just said... that I won't. You've been pushing me away for weeks because you don't trust that I truly care for you with every part of my being? I care more than you can possibly imagine with your tiny little brain. If I don't wake up beside you tomorrow, or in five years, or in twenty years... I don't want to wake up at all."

It finally hits him.

(a/n: lmao just like ur savage ass slap)

"Do you get it?" you ask. He slowly nods.

"I'm sorry for the past few weeks. I'm an idiot." he engulfs you in a hug and squishes your face against his chest. He hugs you in a way like never before. You can feel that he never wants to let go.

"Just don't do it again." you respond and enjoy the missed feeling of his wonderful affection.

"I won't ever. I'm never letting you go." he kisses your forehead.

"Then, can you say the words I've been wanting to hear?" you murmur.

He pulls back and grabs both of your cheeks to make sure you're looking right into his eyes.

"I love you so much, I could die." he says completely seriously.

"Woah, I don't need to hear you say it for a while. That was intense." you tease.

"Shut up," Aomine chuckles and kisses you.

a/n:

CUTE.

hope all of you have wooooonderful & lovely week!!

p.s. i just added this one shot book & my fatal addiction (itachi uchiha) novel to the #2018wattys !! how exciting hehe.

so much love to you sweet sweet angels from jords, acacia, baby #2, and of course, me.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox forever, lavender.