Akashi Seijuro

DADDY! AKASHI X MOMMY! READER:
Bedtime
_________________________

You feel someone stirring beside you in bed. You turn onto your side and Akashi is climbing out of your reach. His feet hit the wooden ground and he lets out a soft, barely audible yawn. His fiery red hair is tousled and messy, probably in the same state as yours.

A soft wail is heard from your son's room and you realise why Akashi is getting out of bed.

"Go back to sleep, Y/N." He leans down and plants a gentle kiss on your cheek before standing up and stretching. His back muscles contract as he stretches his muscular arms.

His grey sweatpants are lopsided, with the material lower on one side of his waist than the other revealing the band of his calvin klein boxers. As he walks away you catch a glimpse of his toned abs and your face instantly heats up.

Damn, you are lucky.

You sigh and wrap yourself even more in the warm blankets. Thinking the warmth of the cotton will replace your husbands bodily warmth, you try to close your eyes and fall back asleep.

It's no use. You can't sleep without him.

You sit up in frustration and wipe your eyes. With a soft grunt you slide out of the bed and walk to your child's room.

Akashi is sitting in a chair with your one year old son on his lap. He's holding a children's book about colours in his hand and your son is staring up at his dad, eagerly waiting for him to start reading.

You lean against the doorframe with a smile.

"Look, mama's here." Akashi says softly. Your son looks at you across the room and his tired eyes light up with joy. He wiggles around restlessly on Akashi's lap. He's dressed in a beige onesie with a hood sporting adorble cat ears. Akashi lifts the hood onto the little boy's head and he giggles.

"Mama! Dada read!" The little boy claps his hands together.

You walk over to your two favourite boys and kneel down beside the chair to peer into the book.

"What colour is this one, bub?" You point at the orange basketball in the middle of the page.

"Owange?" Your son insists on reading this book at least once a day, so he quickly picked up some colours and associating words.

"Good job, hun!" Close enough. You kiss his chubby cheek and he giggles again.

"What's something that's orange?" Akashi runs his hand over his child's silky red hair.

"Ah... Uh... Uh... Basketball!" He exclaims with a loud and failed whisper.

You laugh and look up at Akashi who is proudly cuddling his son.

"What have you been teaching him?" You shake your head with a grin and Akashi smirks. The side of his mouth curls up into a lopsided smile even though he clearly wanted to act innocent.

You lean up and kiss his lips.

After pulling away from the kiss you notice your son had fallen asleep in Akashi's arms. That didn't take very long.

"Bedtime." Akashi says softly as he lays the child back down and makes sure he's warm.

He laces your fingers together and you walk through the halls and climb back into bed.

Akashi wraps his strong arms around your body and holds you close to him. Your face is against his bare chest and you can feel his calming heartbeat.

"You couldn't sleep?" He asks softly.

"No... I still can't sleep without you." You answer as you cuddle closer to him.

"After all these years you still get scared I'm not going to be here when you wake up?" He runs his fingertips through your hair.

"That used to be the reason, but, now it's because I'm just so used to sleeping beside you. I've adapted, I guess. I can't sleep without you." You admit.

You feel his heart beating faster as you confessed your embarrassing issue of not being able to sleep without the love of your life.

"I love you. A lot." He murmurs into your mess of hair.

"I love you. A lot more."

A/N:

this is what happened a few nights ago with my daughter and boyfriend so i thought i would turn it into a one-shot.

liked it? disliked it? i can do more if it was good.

💗