Kuroko Tetsuya (Part I)

KUROKO X READER: (Part I)
I Can't Live Without You
_________________________

A/N: angsty/ sad.
i listened to the song attached while writing to pull inspiration. i recommend you listen to it as well. x

» » »

"Tetsu, I'm sorry." The words quietly leave your lips. You find your eyes darting to the ground as you speak. Your fingertips are numb and your nose is icy-cold. The only thing you can feel is an aching, twisted pain in your chest.

Water fills his eyes and he bites down on his bottom lip as a way to distract himself from crying in front of you.

"But I love you." He whispers breathlessly.

"Love isn't always enough. I need some time to figure myself out as a person before I can be in a relationship and commit to another."

It's truly challenging being in a committed relationship when you're still a teenager. You deserve to go out and experience things without being tied down. Kuroko isn't controlling, or anything like that. You just don't think being together is a smart move right now.

"Did I do something wrong?" His voice is pleading. He's begging you to stay without even trying. His words are laced with pain.

"No. You are an amazing person inside and out. I need some time for me, though. We grew up together during the must crucial years of our lives and we never really got to be our own individual person because when we evolved, we did it together. Right now I don't regret it even for a second... But I don't want to wake up filled with regrets one day. It would be unfair to you and I love you way too much to place that kind of burden on you. I think we're better off ending it here." How you made it through that entire speech without your voice cracking is a mystery. That was your limit.

If I stay any longer I'll break.

You think.

Your eyes dart away and refuse to meet his tearful blue orbs.

"You've done more for me than you can ever imagine, Tetsu."

I'll be selfish. I want to feel his touch one more time.

With the thought you pick up his hand with both of yours and hold it to your chest.

"I can't live without you." Kuroko says to you.

"Exactly. What if a day comes when you have to?" You ask. He shakes his head.

"That day won't come."

"You can't be sure of that." You answer. It's painful to say but it needs to be done. My train is here... I have to go." You pick up your duffle bag full of your things from Kuroko's place.

"This... isn't fair." Kuroko murmurs.

You have to ignore him and be strong. You turn around and walk onto the train. The door shuts behind you and you choose to spare one last glance out the window.

Kuroko collapses onto his knees as the train zooms away.

You sit down. The train is full with people talking, school girls gossiping and business men on the phone as their day finally comes to an end. More than just your day had come to an end today, though.

There are so many people surrounding you and yet... in your entire life, you had never been so alone.

A/N:

is there really a part II or was i just pranking u all?