Chosen Character

//
You Will Be Okay
_______________________

"Do you think she loves me, Y/N?" You sit in silence as the boy you had grown attached to in so many ways, asks you for advice.

"Do you love her?" You quietly ask.

"I do."

You hold back tears threatening to fall.
You can't cry over this, silly.
He didn't mean to hurt you at all.
He has no idea you're madly in love with him.
Don't be stupid.

"I..." You trail off, unsure of what to say to him.

"Y/N, I need to thank you for being the most supportive friend in the world. You completely changed my life and I know that one day you will meet the most amazing man who you'll fall in love with."

I already have.

You say in your head.

Instead of letting those words come out you force a smile and nod.

He wraps his arms protectively around you. "I love you."

You hold back all of your emotions. You knew he meant as a friend... He always did and he always will only mean it in a friendly way.

"She's here. I have to go... Wish me luck in my confession." He stands up, not before giving you a friendly kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, best friend." He walks away and stands in front of the girl he loves.

He smiles and opens his mouth, saying words which you could make out from where you were seated.

I love you.

Is what he said to her. Your chest aches as you watch the girl's face turn into a huge smile as she says the words back.

Look at him. He's so... Happy.

He deserves that kind of happiness.

True love is being happy when they're happy.

That's bullshit, isn't it.

You want him so much that you feel the universe is playing a cruel joke on you.

True, he does deserve this kind of love, but you don't deserve this kind of pain.

We've all repeated to ourselves that its really love as long as they are happy even if we aren't the one they're with... but it's not true. It's not okay.

As much as we try to say we're alright and we're over them, we lie.
Because the human race has been taught to lie.

They say, bottle up your emotions, hold them all in. We're meant to be strong and almighty but in reality we are nowhere as strong as society expects us to be. We hurt. We cry. We break. Instead we abide by the rule:
Nobody will see how we hurt. Nobody will know how we hurt.

We're raised to believe that the youth cannot love because we're too naive and we know nothing.

Lies.

We love and we experience heartbreak just as much as any other adult.

That is why you sit there staring as the boy you love connects his lips with another girl.

You watch your world crumble in front of your eyes and all you want to do is kick and scream and cry out to the sky. But this is completely out of your control, there is not one single thing you can do to stop this. He pulls away and smiles at her.

The kind of smile you give him.

The one that says I love you, without uttering a single word.

You let out a sigh and close your eyes. Deep breaths.

You'll find a better source of happiness and most importantly,

You will be okay.

It doesn't matter when or how, but you will get over him and you will be happy.