Imayoshi Shoichi

IMAYOSHI X SHY BROKEN HEARTED READER:
I Will Never Hurt You
_______________________

You look down at the ground and avoid eye contact.

"So, you don't want to hang out after school?" Imayoshi repeats, sounding quite disappointed by your answer.

"Um, no." You murmur.

"I'll be there anyway, okay? If you change your mind..." He trails off. You nod your head and weakly smile before heading off to class.

You walk straight past your best friend who is standing behind you, listening to the conversation.

"Y/N..." She whispers sadly as she watches you disappear down the busy hallway.

» » »

Imayoshi is sitting alone in a small food chain restaurant sipping on a soft drink.

He is by himself, hoping that you'll show up. He is quickly broken out of his thoughts when somebody slides into the seat opposite him.

He looks up, expecting to see your beautiful face.

Instead, it's your best friend.

"This is how this gonna work. I speak, you listen, got it?" She asks rhetorically.

"Wha-"

"No."

"Bu-"

"No."

...

"Good. Not so hard, was it? Y/N is my best friend. She has been through thick and thin, loss and love and most of all she's been hurt. Over and over again. Now she's scared to love anyone else again, including you. But I, as her all knowing best friend, am aware that she secretly has the worlds biggest crush on you but doesn't want to risk admitting it. Now, you're going to treat her well. You're not going to hurt, no. You're going to fix her. And you're going to do it now. She's on her way. She didn't have to tell me... I already knew she'd show up. So get your act together and make my girl happy... Got it?" She explains forcefully, making sure to get her point across.

She abruptly stands up and leaves without another word, leaving Imayoshi shocked and confused.

But mostly... Excited. Because she said that you have a crush on him.

Minutes pass and Imayoshi feels his happiness and anticipation deflate.

That is, until the doors open and in walks a beautiful girl.

Her shy face makes Imayoshi want to kiss her a million times, her adorable outfit puts a smile on his face and her clumsy and wobbly steps make him want to run up to her and help her walk over to the table.

He watches, utterly amazed at this gorgeous creature.

You smile lightly as you spot Imayoshi and scramble over to the table. Taking a quick seat you glance up at him from your hands, which is where you usually look.

"H-Hi... Shoichi."

He could get used to your amazing voice.

"Hello. Are you hungry?"

"A little." He slides a menu across the table and you pick it up, scanning through the word-littered pages.

You move the menu below your eyes so that Imayoshi is in your vision. He is smiling softly at you and you can't help but go red.

"Why are you staring at me?" You ask with a light laugh.

"Because you're singlehandedly the most amazing person I've ever laid eyes on."

Your eyes widen and your breathing screws up.

The last time you heard that was when you were still with your ex. The emotionally abusive ex. He would tell that you're beautiful and amazing then ignore you for weeks, only to come back and say you're worthless and ugly.

But... Imayoshi is different.

Imayoshi has always been there for you. He's been there through thick and thin and you never noticed, until now.

"I-I-"

"Y/N, I know that you've been hurt. But I gave you time and space for too damn long, and maybe I'm selfish for this... But I want you. I want all of you. I want your flaws and your imperfections, your silly chuckle and your stumbling walk. Your voice when you talk about something you love and the way your eyes light up at the sight of something good. I can fix you. I can be anything you want, Y/N. I will never hurt you. Please, give me a chance." He suddenly pleads.

You're in complete and utter shock.

Tears brim your eyes as the words you always want to hear tumble out of his mouth.

Yet, your heart and mind are both telling you yes. They are in sync and they both need you to believe Imayoshi.

You nod your head.

A/N:

when lovely readers comment i feel so much more motivation to write and publish. your support really is my rock. xo