Akashi Seijuro

AKASHI X READER:
Demons
_________________________

"Mmh,"

You open your eyes at the sudden echoing voice and look at Akashi who is asleep beside you. His whole body is hot and drops of sweat are covering his perfect face. He's shaking slightly. Another nightmare.

His sleep patterns have been completely screwed up since the night terrors came back. But the more he tries not to sleep, the more he needs to.

You know that you shouldn't wake him up. It's the first time in days he's fallen into a deep slumber.

You bite down on your fingernail as you try to figure out what you should do.

"Y/N?" He sleepily calls your name and his fingers curl into a fist.

After being together so many years, Akashi still hasn't revealed to you what his nightmares are about. You've asked before but every time he manages to find a way to change the subject.

You sit up onto your knees and stare down at your boyfriend's sleeping figure. The only time he allows himself to be vulnerable is when he sleeps. He can only do so next to you.

His eyebrows crease and he looks like he's in pain.

Your heart can't stand seeing him like this.

"Wake up, Sei." You shake his shoulder gently. He stirrs and opens his eyes to reveal glossy orbs.

He sits up straight and hangs his head forward so strands of his red hair fall over his eyes.

He seems mad at you.

"Go back to sleep. Leave it alone." He says weakly.

"You go back to fucking sleep. Don't push me away." You snap and whack your fist against the mattress. He looks at you in shock.

The last time he pushed you away and broke your heart; you nearly threw everything away.

Akashi raises his hand and holds it over his eyes. This whole situation reeks of danger. Akashi's changed again.

"You're so stubborn." He chuckles darkly.

"I... can't stand to see you hurting. Can you see someone? Talk to someone? Last time the nightmares got this bad you..." You trail off, not wanting to bring up the chaotic and painful past breakup from years ago.

In a swift movement he pushes you back onto silky sheets of the king sized bed.

He hovers over you and his warm lips are dangerous close to yours.

when you feel my heat, look into my eyes.

His red orbs stare into your soul. They're full of darkness and fury and pure rage.

it's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

You cup his cheek with your hand and gaze up at him. Your touch calms him like a roaring lion being forced into submission by a whip.

don't get too close, it's dark inside.

You look into his glowing red eyes and feel his bodily heat radiate onto your skin.

it's where my demons hide.

"I'm not going anywhere." he mutters against the sensitive hickey covered skin on your neck.

A/N:

'we are all looking for someone whose demons play well with ours.'

an extremely personal one shot.

but on a brighter note:

i felt my absolute best when i was pregnant with acacia & i already feel like i'm glowing and radiating positivity with the little bean in my belly. being a momma is so rewarding, honestly.

hopefully this was somewhat cute! although it's got a bit of a dark, mysterious, unexplained backstory. 🤔

jords & i are having a date night tonight because saskia-uchiha is working till late tonight. will miss you boo boo (maybe) x

loVE ALWAAAAYS!
vote & comment if you enjoyed & follow me for updates all the time.

xo lavender