Aomine Daiki

AOMINE X READER:
Always Be There
_______________________

"Where is she?" Aomine yawns as he enters the Tōō gymnasium.

"Over here." Wakamatsu responds as he dribbles the ball. You stumble out from behind the tall blonde boy and wave sheepishly to your boyfriend.

Aomine walks over and leans down so close your noses are almost touching.

"Morning." He grumbles before kissing you. He leans back and smiles at your cute blush and heart-warming happy expression.

Your boyfriend is Aomine Daiki. He's the most amazing basketball player you know. You two have been dating for almost a year and in that time the Tōō basketball team have realised two things. One: you're an undeniable clutz. You always fall over and manage to get injured. Two: you always get lost. The team have adapted to having you in their lives and always look after you. It's not that you are defenceless, just completely unaware of your surroundings so they all protect you without a second thought. They're your big, scary, overly protective family and Aomine is the love of your life.

Sometimes opposites attract and bring out another side of their partner, the better side. You and Aomine are the perfect example of this.

"We've organised a practice match." Wakamatsu says to the team. Aomine seems completely disinterested. "With Kaijo." After hearing this school Aomine turns his head slightly to tune into what Wakamatsu is saying.

"That's Kise's team." You say to yourself.

"As Y/N just said, they have Kise Ryouta. He's got talent. We received this opportunity to play against Kaijo and see how much they've improved. Don't waste this. All of you better get used to playing against him now before the Winter Cup." Wakamatsu gives one final wave of dismissal before the team disperse to train before Kise's team arrives.

"Well, this is a bore. Let's go, Y/N." Aomine turns to leave when you grab the back of his shirt and pull him with all of your might to the middle of the court.

It's not that you have any doubt that Aomine is amazing, it's that you love watching him practice with the boys because even though he refuses to admit it, it makes him happy. Basketball makes him happy.

"Y/N! Nobody can beat me. Why should I waste my time practicing or even playing?" He shakes his head at you.

"Are you getting physically injured from playing basketball?" You ask.

"Uh, no." He has no idea where you're going with this.

"Are you injuring anybody else while practicing?" You point your finger at him.

"I guess not."

"Are you just being too stubborn?" You ask. An irk mark appears on Aomine's forehead.

"No."

"Aomine."

"Fine. Yes."

"Good. Now. Are you going to play this practice game with all your strength?" You raise your eyebrows at him. He locks eyes with you and looks away with a sigh.

"I guess." Aomine finally gives in and you have a triumphant look on your face. He sighs and shakes his head before walking away to practice some shots before Kaijo arrives.

"Y/N-cchi!" Too late.

You spin around but lose your balance and fling forward.
A pair of strong arms are wrapped around you and you are swung off your feet. You scream at the sudden action.

"It's me, Y/N-cchi!" Kise grins. Your best friend all of the Teiko years is finally in front of you again.

"Kise! I've-"

"HEY!" You both turn your heads and Aomine is storming over with steam coming out of his ears. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"Girlfriend? Ooo! Yay! I always knew Aomine-cchi had a thing for you at Teiko. This is amazing, a love story, I dare say! Eek!" Kise has huge hearts in his eyes and he squeals over your newly discovered relationship.

Aomine slings his arm around your waist and brings you closer to his warm body. You stumble closer to him. "Never mind. I have nothing to worry about." He sweat drops as Kise rambles on about couple t-shirts.

"Aomine-cchi, I hope you're ready to finally lose." Kise daringly points his index finger directly at your boyfriend's face.

"I hope you are, Kise." You challenge back in defense of your boyfriend and Aomine snickers at your sudden daring attitude.

"Aw! Y/N-cchi, that was my special cool moment and you ruined it. Now you look cooler." Kise cries and runs away to Kasamatsu for comfort.

A whistle blows and you realise that the Tōō vs Kaijo practice match is about to start.

"Good luck out there." You say to your boyfriend before unlacing your fingers with his.

Aomine nods and jogs towards the court.

He suddenly stops and spins on his heel, dashing back to you.

"How could I forget?" He says as he runs.

"Huh?" You ask in confusion. He stops right in front of you and collides his lips with yours. You almost fall backwards but you put your hands on the sides of his face as he makes out with you. He pulls away with a smirk and runs back to the court.

"SO ADORABLE, SO ADORABLE IT HURTS TO BREATHE, SENPAI!" Kise wipes away a tear at the sight of your PDA with your boyfriend as he clings onto poor Kasamatsu.

You shake your head to try and get the blush off your cheeks and the smile off your face.

The practice game begins and the intense aura coming from each of the players is crazy and you can feel it.

The game carries on and you find yourself biting your nails. So intense.

It's because Aomine and Kise are going at it and Kise is giving it his all.

Aomine dribbles the ball and it seems as though he's going to do a streetball move.

Suddenly he gets out of his intent stance and the ball hits the floor at a slower pace.

This is pointless.

Aomine thinks. He's tired of the game, he doesn't want to play anymore. He knows he's going to beat Kise and every other member of the Kaijo Basketball Team. He might as well just pass it to someone else to save him the trouble and unnecessary exertion of energy.

He lets out a sigh and is about to pass the ball.

"GO, DAIKI!" You scream out at the top of your lungs, startling every player on the court. You knew he was giving up, but you weren't going to let that happen anytime soon.

Something in your voice triggers Aomine.

He suddenly drops lower and dribbles the ball in between his legs before charging straight past Kise.

Aomine's entire aura changed which meant the flow of the game would change drastically too.

Aomine dunks the ball into the hoop.

He looks down at his hands then over at you standing side-court. You're grinning at him.

"I love you." He mouths to you. "Thank you."

He plays because he loves the game but sometimes he forgets that fundamental reason.

But you'll always be there to remind him.

A/N:

starlikefreckles

❤️